Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: EA Sports Ignores Husker Heisman Winners in NCAA Football 2013

Varsity

EA Sports Ignores Husker Heisman Winners in NCAA Football 2013

The NCAA Football video game by EA Sports has a special emphasis on Heisman winners this year. EA sent out an email today detailing that users can play with 10 Heisman winners (with an additional 13 available as a pre-order bonus for a specific retailer....and they'll likely be available as downloads to everyone later) in the game this year.

Of the 23 Heisman winners users will be able to get to play with in the game none are Huskers. Of those 23, three are from U$C (Allen, Palmer & Leinart) and two are from Ohio State (George & Griffin). Other schools only have one representative. The overall list is pretty good and I wouldn't be that offended that all of the Husker winners are left out but the people at EA Sports saw fit to include Charlie Ward and Andre Ware!

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...BPxtkRB8jQnYSb
    Don't do a drug you find in Oakland. Ever.---The Oral History of the Big 12

Blackshirt
    I stopped being surprised at being dissed by the national media years ago - It's the norm.
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

Scout Team
    Does Archie Grffin appear as two separate characters, then?

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by SWVAHusker View Post
    The NCAA Football video game by EA Sports has a special emphasis on Heisman winners this year. EA sent out an email today detailing that users can play with 10 Heisman winners (with an additional 13 available as a pre-order bonus for a specific retailer....and they'll likely be available as downloads to everyone later) in the game this year.

Of the 23 Heisman winners users will be able to get to play with in the game none are Huskers. Of those 23, three are from U$C (Allen, Palmer & Leinart) and two are from Ohio State (George & Griffin). Other schools only have one representative. The overall list is pretty good and I wouldn't be that offended that all of the Husker winners are left out but the people at EA Sports saw fit to include Charlie Ward and Andre Ware!

Maybe it has to do with the history of a former Husker player suing the company.

All American
    Perhaps the Husker Hiesman winners would not allow their lekenesses and names to be used by EA sports?
    [television commercial] Hi, I'm Ricky Bobby. If you don't cheer for Big Red, then f-*bleep* you.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc View Post
    Perhaps the Husker Hiesman winners would not allow their lekenesses and names to be used by EA sports?
    My thought exactly -- probably a royalty and rights issue. There is nobody more "entrepreneurial" about their Heisman than the three Nebraska winners!
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Starter

I rather admired Charlie Ward. He was a hell of an athlete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Husker View Post
    I seriously imagine GFOA, Driveway Jordan, FrostFan, Seth etc... all sitting around in a circle holding hands and spitting into the middle of a angry Bo Pelini in a sweatshirt poster... the pure hate is almost cultish...

Recruit

I think Eric Crouch was going to be in the game but only as QB. Then he wasn't going to be in the game. Then he was going to be in the game and willing to be at a different position. Then he decided not to be in this game but in a different video game instead. Then he decided not to be in any video games.

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    My thought exactly -- probably a royalty and rights issue. There is nobody more "entrepreneurial" about their Heisman than the three Nebraska winners!
    I'll agree with you about Rogers and Crouch. But when was the last time Mike Rozier was even in Nebraska or did a Husker event? It has to be a while ago. Of the three of them I argued on a video game site that Rozier should have been the representative for Nebraska.
    Don't do a drug you find in Oakland. Ever.---The Oral History of the Big 12

Travel Squad
    I'll agree with you about Rogers and Crouch. But when was the last time Mike Rozier was even in Nebraska or did a Husker event? It has to be a while ago. Of the three of them I argued on a video game site that Rozier should have been the representative for Nebraska.
    Fair point. Rozier is a regular at the ceremony, but who wouldn't be?
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerCoug View Post
    I think Eric Crouch was going to be in the game but only as QB. Then he wasn't going to be in the game. Then he was going to be in the game and willing to be at a different position. Then he decided not to be in this game but in a different video game instead. Then he decided not to be in any video games.
    ...I've heard of this story...