Get HuskerMaxô on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Who's a better recruiter at NU?!?!?!?

Hybrid View

#1 Husker Fan

Who's a better recruiter at NU?!?!?!?

Bo Pelini-Tim Miles-Darrin Erstad??? Heck throw in Connie Yori and John Cook if you want. This could probably be in the recruiting forum(and could be a poll), but with this being the offseason, and covering a multitude of teams and sports I chose here. Have at it!

We got a pretty sweet pitching recruit today, so it got me thinking. I really like what Erstad is doing on the recruiting trail, and while it may be easy to say its too early on Coach Miles, I also like the in-roads he and his staff are making!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesnít matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heisman
    I'd have to put Cook at the top of the list.
    Greatness is made in empty stadiums, but itís revealed in full stadiums.

Husker Immortal
    John Papuchis
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    John Papuchis
    I agree hes probably the best at NU but unfortunately hes not in this list. Id have to go with Cook. Dude wins championships.

Danny Nee's wife?

Red Shirt
    Gary Pepin. No contest whatsoever. He was the most successful coach in the history of the Big 12 conference. Not the most successful Nebraska coach. The most successful coach of all sports and all teams.

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    Gary Pepin. No contest whatsoever. He was the most successful coach in the history of the Big 12 conference. Not the most successful Nebraska coach. The most successful coach of all sports and all teams.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    Weird. I didnt see that name on the list either.

Red Shirt

Cook no questions asked. He has 3 girls on the USA under 18 volleyball team including the only 2 girls that returned from last years team

Recruit
    Cook also has a chance with Nancy Meendering and Jordan Larson to have 2 of the 12 spots on the USA Olympic Roster taken by championship trained (Metcalf was born in Iowa and Larson in Hooper) Nebraska girls in London. That is a pretty impressive feat.

Edit: Granted Cook didn't recruit Nancy (Metcalf) Meendering.

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by docspeye View Post
    Cook also has a chance with Nancy Meendering and Jordan Larson to have 2 of the 12 spots on the USA Olympic Roster taken by championship trained (Metcalf was born in Iowa and Larson in Hooper) Nebraska girls in London. That is a pretty impressive feat.

Edit: Granted Cook didn't recruit Nancy (Metcalf) Meendering.
    Was good friends w/ her in college. If she hadn't feared repercussions from coach we would have one co-ed flag football. You should have seen rookie qb with her rushing, I have never seen so many batted balls.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says donít force the stupid people to be quiet ó I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban

Recruit
    Barney Cotton. He keeps getting his sons to commit to NU.