Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon & Scott Frost offer Josh Banderas a scholarship

Exclamation Oregon & Scott Frost offer Josh Banderas a scholarship

I love Scott, but this is just a plain waste of time and he as a former Husker great should already know that....Josh is not going anywhere but Nebraska....sometimes I wonder why schools even waste the time and in this case Scott Frost who knows better....on the otherhand a nice offer for Josh that will perhaps help his rating go up....

I can see it now 'I'm Scott Frost and you should go to Oregon not Nebraska'....and Banderas comes back with a 'Why did you go to Nebraska Coach....in fact transfered back'.....end of in-home...

Oh his first big offer since he committed to the Huskers....other big schools have not even bothered...

Sean Callahan @Sean_CallahanOregon officially offered Lincoln Southwest linebacker Josh Banderas, but he obviously still remains fully committed to Nebraska. #huskers

Zach Peterson@MidwestDrummer
    @Sean_Callahan Why does Oregon even bother to try? Is it just the simple rationalization that there's nothing to lose by offering?
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Heisman
    They must be scrambling!
    Good friends, you take to the movies. Great teammates, you take to battle.
    Mr. Afro Thunder 80

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    They must be scrambling!
    Yea! Must be.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    They must be scrambling!

Red Shirt

Scott is no dummy! As lead recruiter, he will be able to fly into Lincoln on Oregon U's dime to visit his old team mates and "call on a 5* recruit". He can talk to AD Tom in person also.

Red Shirt
    Personally I think it's a smart decision by Oregon. Scott chose to go to Stanford over Nebraska coming out of highschool even though he was likely a diehard Husker fan since birth. Stanford offered him something he didn't feel he could get at Nebraska and he chose to go that route. IMO he would be just the type of person to pull a Nebraska kid away from Nebraska. Not saying that's going to happen but If I was trying to do it I would enlist his help.

He has zero chance of even making this happen....a legacy recruit to begin with....who lives in Lincoln and is this years Michael Rose as far as being onboard 110% and is already 'recruiting' for the class...

Yes and he chose to transfer back to Nebraska which invalidates that story....

Other than a rare loss the Huskers do not lose this kind of recruit which honestly is why few top schools are even bothering to offer him....not worth the time or effort when you have no chance.....

Nice add to Josh's offer sheet....nothing more....

I like Scott Frost allot but he is spinning his wheels big time on this one....

Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    Personally I think it's a smart decision by Oregon. Scott chose to go to Stanford over Nebraska coming out of highschool even though he was likely a diehard Husker fan since birth. Stanford offered him something he didn't feel he could get at Nebraska and he chose to go that route. IMO he would be just the type of person to pull a Nebraska kid away from Nebraska. Not saying that's going to happen but If I was trying to do it I would enlist his help.

Red Shirt

I have to disagree. He still chose Stanford over Nebraska so he could be groomed by Walsh, in hopes of becoming a NFL QB. In the end he didn't "fit" but it was enough of a lure to get him to leave Nebraska.

Try telling a kid that story.... When you won a national title as the Husker QB....

I have to disagree. He still chose Stanford over Nebraska so he could be groomed by Walsh, in hopes of becoming a NFL QB. In the end he didn't "fit" but it was enough of a lure to get him to leave Nebraska.

Red Shirt
    Not saying it will work but that'd be the card I'd play.

I just don't see him having a card and recruiting against his alma-mater....that can't be fun....then again Bo has done it in Ohio....however, he was not the face of a national championship team either....in Coach Osborne's final game....

More power to him...although I wish him no luck what-so-ever in this case...

Perhaps he just wanted a free trip home to see his mom and dad....I'm kidding...

Not saying it will work but that'd be the card I'd play.

Red Shirt
    I imagine he enjoys visiting Lincoln whenever possible. I can't imagine too many parents wouldn't be excited to have him drop in for a visit with them no matter what school he was coaching for. If I was the parent I know there'd be a lot of NU football discussion.

All Legend
    Maybe he is building a relationship for when Scott becomes an assistant at Nebraska.

"It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by mohuskerblackshirt View Post
    Scott is no dummy! As lead recruiter, he will be able to fly into Lincoln on Oregon U's dime to visit his old team mates and "call on a 5* recruit". He can talk to AD Tom in person also.
    Ahh...fun with per diem! I like the way you think, MO.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Travel Squad
    My thinking is that he must beleve there is some value in going after him or he wouldn't do it. He isn't stupid or naive. I can't know his reasoning, but, I am sure there is some.