Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RB Terrell Newby To Decide Soon: Update Nike Air Strike: Very Impressive

Thumbs up RB Terrell Newby To Decide Soon: Update Nike Air Strike: Very Impressive

247 Sports - Terrell Newby Profile

His final three are California, Oregon, and Nebraska.

Things to consider:

• Oregon has two running back commitments, one in 5* Thomas Tyner and another in 4* Dontre Wilson.
    • California has a running back commitment from 4* DJ Martin.
    • Newby attended Cal's Junior Day back in February, but did not gather a Cal offer until earlier this month.
    • Both Cal and Nebraska have camps this weekend (Big Red Weekend for Nebraska), but Newby plans on being here at Nebraska.
    • Michael Bruntz pointed it out on Husker Illustrated's board: Cal's roster shows quite a bit of depth. Newby knows we need backs.

When you add it all together, it doesn't look too terrible for Nebraska. Who knows -- Maybe he wants to be close to home. But as of this moment? I like our odds.

Update: Newby does not, in fact, hold an offer from Oregon. So this is likely Nebraska and Cal. Still like our odds, though some more knowledgeable than I think Cal.

Update 2: Welp. I was wrong.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    247 Sports - Terrell Newby Profile

His final three are California, Oregon, and Nebraska.

Things to consider:

• Oregon has two running back commitments, one in 5* Thomas Tyner and another in 4* Dontre Wilson.
    • California has a running back commitment from 4* DJ Martin.
    • Newby attended Cal's Junior Day back in February, but did not gather a Cal offer until earlier this month.
    • Both Cal and Nebraska have camps this weekend (Big Red Weekend for Nebraska), but Newby plans on being here at Nebraska.
    • Michael Bruntz pointed it out on Husker Illustrated's board: Cal's roster shows quite a bit of depth. Newby knows we need backs.

When you add it all together, it doesn't look too terrible for Nebraska. Who knows -- Maybe he wants to be close to home. But as of this moment? I like our odds.
    IMO Terrell Newby is perhaps Nebraska's #1 rated RB on their board. He is definitely the best RB who has the most serious interest in the Huskers. I know Nebraska is also pursuing other 4* RBs like Tyshon Dye (Georgia), Ryan Green (Florida), David Williams (Pennsylvania), Alvin Kamara (Georgia), Tarean Folston (Florida), Cornelius Elder (Tenn.) and Adam Taylor (Texas), but I dont think those kids are as likely.

If the Huskers miss out, they're sure going to be scrambling to find their RB recruit for this class.

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    IMO Terrell Newby is perhaps Nebraska's #1 rated RB on their board. He is definitely the best RB who has the most serious interest in the Huskers. I know Nebraska is also pursuing other 4* RBs like Tyshon Dye (Georgia), Ryan Green (Florida), David Williams (Pennsylvania), Alvin Kamara (Georgia), Tarean Folston (Florida), Cornelius Elder (Tenn.) and Adam Taylor (Texas), but I dont think those kids are as likely.

If the Huskers miss out, they're sure going to be scrambling to find their RB recruit for this class.
    I'd agree that he's likely the top target. Of those you listed, I don't like our odds a whole lot with many. Kamara will be stay in the southeast, Elder I think ends up playing basketball, and the rest would be tough pulls.

Any educated guess on his decision? Some of the staff at 247 think Cal. I just can't help but think we've got a real shot here.

#1 Husker Fan
    Hate to crash this party but Newby wont be attending our junior day. He in fact is expected to be signing with Cal. He said the recruiting process is making him nervous and that he may commit within the week. But rumor has it he will still take his five visits with us being one and therefore he will be labeled a soft commit by some of the sources.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

#1 Husker Fan
    I hate to use the word scramble at this point with so much time left, but it does make me nervous how all of the recruiting services that you read its always about the defensive players we are in on, and the offensive ones we lost out on. I in no way shape or form think the sky is falling, but this is a trend I think needs to be broken and soon!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    I'd agree that he's likely the top target. Of those you listed, I don't like our odds a whole lot with many. Kamara will be stay in the southeast, Elder I think ends up playing basketball, and the rest would be tough pulls.

Any educated guess on his decision? Some of the staff at 247 think Cal. I just can't help but think we've got a real shot here.
    I would put my money on Cal.

Red Shirt
    I will be shocked if he doesn't choose Da Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    I would put my money on Cal.

So...seriously, are we scrambling for top RB recruits? None of the 4*'s or higher even have us in their top 2 or 3?

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGene View Post
    So...seriously, are we scrambling for top RB recruits? None of the 4*'s or higher even have us in their top 2 or 3?
    The answer to that question depends largely on who does the answering!

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    I hate to use the word scramble at this point with so much time left, but it does make me nervous how all of the recruiting services that you read its always about the defensive players we are in on, and the offensive ones we lost out on. I in no way shape or form think the sky is falling, but this is a trend I think needs to be broken and soon!
    Agreed.

In no way whatsoever are we out of time, but I'd be lying if I said I felt good about the way we are stacking up on our board at QB, RB and OL.

Varsity
    Who would have thought that Nebraska would have a hard time recruiting 4* & 5* RBs. That kind of depresses me a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Varsity
    Also, is there any update on Taylor's little brother Drake. Are we still recruiting him. How great of a prospect is he being considered. I think the last time I read anything on him was when he had that great game last season when he ran for like 3-400+ yards or something.
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Who would have thought that Nebraska would have a hard time recruiting 4* & 5* RBs. That kind of depresses me a bit.
    Unfortunately, I agree...

facepalm.jpg

Red Shirt
    Just a quick search on Rivals and there is 26 RB's ranked 4* or better. Only 1 I would consider a midwest kid (Illinois). So there's not a lot to choose from to begin with and even less within our region.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    Just a quick search on Rivals and there is 26 RB's ranked 4* or better. Only 1 I would consider a midwest kid (Illinois). So there's not a lot to choose from to begin with and even less within our region.
    This is still Nebraska. Marlon Lucky wasn't a midwest kid. Rex Burkhead, Aaron Green, Ameer Abdullah, Lawrence Phillips, Thunder Collins, etc...... Nebraska has always recruited nationally. Location shouldn't be a barrier for us getting consideration from 4 & 5 star RBs given our history with our backs.

Junior Varsity

This is still Nebraska. Marlon Lucky wasn't a midwest kid. Rex Burkhead, Aaron Green, Ameer Abdullah, Lawrence Phillips, Thunder Collins, etc...... Nebraska has always recruited nationally. Location shouldn't be a barrier for us getting consideration from 4 & 5 star RBs given our history with our backs.
    History changes...we aren't having trouble getting secondary recruits and DTs right now....until our offense proves otherwise it will be a little tougher than other positions.

How quickly we forget that we reeled in Heard and then Green in back to back years....both high 4 stars....

It is early in one recruiting year....to quote Colin Cowherd when people over-react "you're hyperventilating, go upstairs from your moms basement and down a hot pocket". I am obviously joking with that comment and it is directed at no one...just having fun that it is extremely early...

This looks like a kid who is looking for a place holder so he is assured of a scholarship while he looks around....happens all of the time....

We've had it done to us....Debo Jones comes to mind....

If folks are starting to worry this early then I might just take a break from this forum....relax people recruiting is a long haul....with a lot of ups 'n' downs...we are in good shape and are going to be okay....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Thats an easy answer based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    I will be shocked if he doesn't choose Da Bears.

Location is HUGE so don't fool yourself....

Junior Varsity

Also remember that watching and evaluating film is a lengthy process for not only the coaches, but the recruiting sites. A lot of times they start ranking the kids that are committed first and then as camps start coming in and more offers start going out, they shuffle, dramatically. So labeling which kids are committed somewhere from the rankings this early doesn't mean a lot. Just because we go down our board a bit now doesn't mean the kid won't end up being better than other guys ranked higher than him now...

AKA Jordan Westerkamp

Another reason to not panic, the Rivals250 has been out for not that long and it has already shuffled to add 20 new people....
    http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1370346