Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Euro 2012

Yeah Portugal can be beat....they have one great player in Ronaldo and another good one in Nani...Germany is too good and too deep not to beat them....and Lowe is a great coach....

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsee View Post
    Germany vs Portugal tomorrow, in what is by far the toughest group, Group B.

GGGGGOOOOOOOO
    GERMANY!!!!!!
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Tale of two games....shakey ref in game one today and great ref (Howard Webb of England is the worlds best ref in my opinion) in the second match...the big games he has officiated are longer than my arm...

Looking forward to Germany and Portugal tommorow...

Red Shirt

Day 1 was sort of blah, but not of the countries in Group A excite me. Today is a great day to watch soccer. I'm actually kind of rooting for the Danes a little. They've got their work cut out for them, but there always seems to be a surprise team in the Euro's.

Close friend lives in Amsterdam so I will pull for Holland today and of course Germany...who I expect to win the whole thing thing...they are loaded and have the best depth in the tourney and hands-down the best coach....but yes two good games today....although Russia looked very impressive yesterday....

Denmark out playing the Dutch and leading 1-0 at half....

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    And I thought the US looked listless. The Dutch look like they don't care half the time. Furthermore, if they would actually play rather than complain about calls (of lack thereof), they would have won probably 3-1. I haven't been so annoyed watching a game I had no stake in for such a long time. The Dutch were frustrating to watch.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Poor game by the Dutch....BIG loss...may cost them going through the Group Stage....Germany and Spain are happy that is for sure...but also a wakeup call for them....

Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post
    And I thought the US looked listless. The Dutch look like they don't care half the time. Furthermore, if they would actually play rather than complain about calls (of lack thereof), they would have won probably 3-1. I haven't been so annoyed watching a game I had no stake in for such a long time. The Dutch were frustrating to watch.

How exactly did Poland/Ukraine get these championships? Was it legit ?

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    1000 years of being Europe's breadbasket finally paid off?
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Yes....

Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post

For this German team to win they will have to shutdown Nani and Ronaldo....any bets how many times Ronaldo dives today?....

So-so first half by both teams....hopefully we will see it pickup in the second half...

Germany has pretty much shut down Ronaldo and Nani and that is good news....

Gomez with a world class goal from his head to the lower left corner....in minute 75 puts Germany ahead....you could feel it coming as the German's are wearing down a very game Portugal side who has played well....and that is what makes Germany so great....

Stout German defense is the key in the end....Germany wins 1-0...