Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What makes America great?

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    You're starting with the man in the mirror? You're asking him to change his ways? And no message could have been any clearer--if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change?
    You just had yourself a Michael moment.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Ironically the centralized, highly appointed, top down structure of the oversize federal government is disliked by many while that same structure is preferred by some religious organizations and their followers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    And this leads the question...

So?
    Wow, hadn't had time to read this thread until now. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Jay tried to co-opt this one into another "bash the Catholic church" thread even though the topic had absolutely nothing to do with the church. Good job Jay, stay on point there, man!

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    The people living in a system that distributed the risk taking so a failure wouldn't bring the whole thing crashing down allowing more people to be innovated and take risk and than reap the reward or deal with the failure. That was a while ago and we are still living off the after glow of real freedom and liberty.

For a while now we have been centrilizing our selves, eliminating risk, limiting reward, and killing off innovation in the process. Not gone yet but it is just a dying ember of what it was. We the people need to realize we need to go back to a restrained government not a government set with the goal of making everything as fair and equal as possible.
    Please define.."restrained government" and give a time when we had such a government. So are you saying that government should not make things as fair and equal as possible and that our state motto, "Equality Before the Law," is not "restrained" enough for your liking?
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    What makes America great?

Pom Poms

Attachment 3120
    Thank you ever so much for this post. I hope you will take that in the purely puritanical spirit in which it was offered.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    So are you saying that government should not make things as fair and equal as possible and that our state motto, "Equality Before the Law," is not "restrained" enough for your liking?
    Government should ensure equal opportunity, not equal outcome, so, no, government's goal should not be to make everything "fair and equal." Civil Rights laws ensure equal opportunity, Affirmative Action is reverse discrimination and therefore does not.

I understood "Equality Before the Law" to mean that the law applies to everyone regardless of race, creed, social status, etc. I don't see how this "restrains" government.

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    Government should ensure equal opportunity, not equal outcome, so, no, government's goal should not be to make everything "fair and equal." Civil Rights laws ensure equal opportunity, Affirmative Action is reverse discrimination and therefore does not.

I understood "Equality Before the Law" to mean that the law applies to everyone regardless of race, creed, social status, etc. I don't see how this "restrains" government.
    What existing or proposed US programs are designed to create equal outcomes rather than equal opportunity?
    "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure."

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

God of Huskermax

Horny college girls.

Intellectual Patriot
    What makes America great is that on any given day a guy may be the one that snags the hot chick, or be the one to jump on the fat girl grenade to plow the road for his friend to get the hot one.

It is all about brotherhood.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    What makes America great is that on any given day a guy may be the one that snags the hot chick, or be the one to jump on the fat girl grenade to plow the road for his friend to get the hot one.

It is all about brotherhood.
    Amen.

And for the more advanced....there's hoggin.

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Amen.

And for the more advanced....there's hoggin.

Careful, this might be deleted as being a post about former members.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Rebel Alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    What existing or proposed US programs are designed to create equal outcomes rather than equal opportunity?
    EITC is one...
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

Rebel Alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Please define.."restrained government" and give a time when we had such a government. So are you saying that government should not make things as fair and equal as possible and that our state motto, "Equality Before the Law," is not "restrained" enough for your liking?
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post

Thank you OmaHusker.

Warhorse, are you for unrestrained government than? A government that has no restrict on being able to tell you what to do and how to do it?

America has had by far the most restrained government of any country. Over the last few decades we have allowed the government more and more power over us in return for more "security and protection". Franklin was right about trading your liberty for a little security...de Tocqueville said that at our core America was good and moral and made us different from the rest of the world. Governments aren't able to enforce those things but the culture of the people does and seeing how usual suspects have come to this thread you can see how we are losing much of what made us great and become like the rest of world. You can't have a restrained government if you don't have a good and moral cultural because when the culture fades people claimer for the government to protect them. When that government comes into provide security liberty decreases and with the decrease of liberty so the decrease of growth and prosperity.
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

God of Huskermax

Bar-B-Que

Intellectual Patriot
    Chinese food, pizza, tacos, runzas, and pick up trucks.

I love fan mail.

God of Huskermax

Beer Pong

the fact that we have people that are literally too stupid to insult.

bonus goes to those who know where that line came from.

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    that is a global epidemic

I love fan mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    that is a global epidemic
    true.

All Legend

That's just stu... Oh, never mind.
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

Intellectual Patriot

In your FACE fatty!

I love fan mail.