Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: ITS SOUOOUOUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Intellectual Patriot

ITS SOUOOUOUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

I know that this time of year is hardly what is considered soup weather, but here lately we have been enjoying soup in th evenings as a light dinner.

Here is the latest entry.

3 chicken breasts
    Chicken Base
    Celery
    Carrots
    cabbage
    parsley
    red pepper flake
    minced garlic
    ground almonds with caribean jerk seasoning
    onoin
    leaf spinach

sear the hell outta the chicken and let rest in the pan.
    Start boiling the base, add the garlic almonds, and the red pepper flake
    mince the onion, carrot, and celery. Once the base boils pull the chicken out and start chopping. Put the onion, carrot and celery in the frying pan with the chicken drippings. When the veggies are caramelized throw in about 3 cups of the base and 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar. Once the pan deglazes, throw everything in the big pot and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat until cool and refrigerate. Wait until tomorrow, reheat and devour.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Can you tell me more about the searing process?

Intellectual Patriot
    I sear the chicken in a hot skillet to keep the juices in and then turn doen the heat to finish cooking. Usually with a little salt and pepper. This recipe is extremely fluid to taste of the maker. My biggest thing is making sure to that the mirepoix is deglazed in the skillet, and using the balsamic. It gives a great flavor.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.