Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Anyone ever use a fitbit?

Anyone ever use a fitbit?

http://www.fitbit.com/

I really want to get an accurate read on my daily calorie burn. The machines at the gym are not remotely accurate and I need to get a better read on my sleep patterns too.
    Anyone have one or use it?

I'd never heard of it until you posted it here, but it looks very cool.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

I use the my fitness pal app. Works great

Red Shirt
    In my experience with these types of products, the more it does the less accurate it usually is...it seems like a glorified pedometer and you won't be able to trust the calorie burn any more than a piece of gym equipment because it doesn't have an EKG strap to accurately measure your heart rate...I am a big believer in the polar heart rate monitors and some of their new stuff is insane?

http://www.polar.fi/en
    I am nothing without the grace of God

which polar product would you recommend? I am looking for some type of accurate calorie burn log

Husker Fan

interesting...I'll have to look into this...I realize it is not 100% accurate but if it is within the normal range of error such as +/- 3%...It might be worth taking a stab at.