Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Cold Dry Aging Steaks

Oh my!

Cold Dry Aging Steaks

I have something I am going to try, a way of dry aging meat cold using a specially made vacuum bag.
    I already have a Food saver vacuum packer and got just the bags with the adaptor strip.
    http://www.drybagsteak.com/

Hopefully it works better than the rack with salt or white cotton clothes.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Interesting. Let me know how that works out.

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Interesting. Let me know how that works out.
    Finally, the results are in...
    After almost a month, it turned out to be some of the best steak I have ever had. I got a nice slab of ribeye (with bone) that had been wet aged for a week and added another week of we aging to that, then put it in the bag for 3 more weeks and it was some of the best beef I have ever had. So I found a local packing plant that does Dry Aging and go some dry aged wagyu and it was pretty close, the local packing plants was better, but not bad for a first shot. I spoke to the guy at the packing plant and it turns out that they wet age for 28 days and dry age for the same time length.

Which means ~ 2 months from now I have my next slab of ribeyes...
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

UMAi DrybagSteak
    Umai is Japanese for "delicious".

#TheMoreYouKnow