Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iran: Discovery will collapse Christianity

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska1 View Post
    Written by Barnabus himself 500 to 600 years after he last saw Jesus. I guess we're all Muslim now. Is there a helpful guide, an app maybe, to let me know which way Mecca is?
    Google Maps: Mecca

You're welcome...

All Legend
    Bet Santa is PO'd.
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

Rebel Alliance
    Remember to pack your own cleaning supplies:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...usri-allegiant
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

Heathen
    Mecca is that way

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Rebel Alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    Bet Santa is PO'd.
    Muslims love Santa...Really secular Christmas is huge in the ME

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Muslims love Santa...Really secular Christmas is huge in the ME
    It makes you wonder. Has anyone seen Santa's birth certificate?
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

God of Huskermax

I look forward to bashing all you recently converted Muslims.

Rebel Alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    It makes you wonder. Has anyone seen Santa's birth certificate?
    He's an elf...they don't get certificated.

From what I've been able to find, up until this point there have been only 2 versions known of the Gospel of Barnabas, and both have been dated to the 14th or 15th centuries, pretty much considered to be non-authentic...redacted and harmonized versions of the canonical gospels, with Islamic theology inserted by the author(s).

Decent explanations here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnabas

Interesting to see what, if anything comes of this.

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    It's pure propaganda to further brainwash their own people.
    Well, that is how the game is played.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Group B
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Well, that is how the game is played.
    on a side note, its time to change your advatar back to something other than the rangers. The devils are going to trash them in game 6 Friday but at least you guys made it this far.
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.

Quote Originally Posted by redarmy View Post
    on a side note, its time to change your advatar back to something other than the rangers. The devils are going to trash them in game 6 Friday but at least you guys made it this far.
    my senators would have crushed them...still not happy about it but that was a pretty well played series.

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska1 View Post
    Written by Barnabus himself 500 to 600 years after he last saw Jesus. I guess we're all Muslim now. Is there a helpful guide, an app maybe, to let me know which way Mecca is?
    Great point. 500-600 years after Jesus he supposedly wrote this?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it believed that by the time Jesus was crucified people only lived 100-150 years? So, at the young age and right mind of 530-630 years old barnabas wrote this? Just doesn't seem to add up.

On the other hand here is an interesting article on the data of the how the date of Jesus death was found.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...s-crucifixion/
    I am nothing without the grace of God

Quote Originally Posted by huskheartguy View Post

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it believed that by the time Jesus was crucified people only lived 100-150 years? So, at the young age and right mind of 530-630 years old barnabas wrote this? Just doesn't seem to add up.

On the other hand here is an interesting article on the data of the how the date of Jesus death was found.

Well, in fairness, nobody's claiming what was found is from the hand of Barnabas himself...only that it's an authentic copy. Most of the oldest copies or fragments we have of the canonical New Testament is a couple hundred years older than that, but none of it goes back to the time of Jesus either.

And as far as life expectancy at the time, 80 would have been considered ancient. 60 years old or so would have been considered having lived a good, full life.

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    And as far as life expectancy at the time, 80 would have been considered ancient. 60 years old or so would have been considered having lived a good, full life.
    if i spend my days playing bingo or bridge and not being able to travel or move about, please take me, O lord.

Off topic a bit but still interesting, the average life span in ancient Egypt was lower 20's. Easy to understand why they thought Ramses was a god when he lived into his 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    Off topic a bit but still interesting, the average life span in ancient Egypt was lower 20's. Easy to understand why they thought Ramses was a god when he lived into his 80's.
    that's because he never had to lift a finger in his entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    that's because he never had to lift a finger in his entire life.
    You're just jealous.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by huskheartguy View Post

There are no original texts of the bible. Only copies of copies of copies of copies....................until you get to 600 years. There are known additions made by scribes as well as older version that have been found after the official cannon came out with different text. In this aspect, Barnabus would be no different than books in the bible.

I think a commoner in Roman times would have had an average life span of 35-40 years, with the rich maybe getting into their 70's at most.

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    Well, in fairness, nobody's claiming what was found is from the hand of Barnabas himself...only that it's an authentic copy. Most of the oldest copies or fragments we have of the canonical New Testament is a couple hundred years older than that, but none of it goes back to the time of Jesus either.

Good to know Luth...thanks
    I am nothing without the grace of God