Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iran: Discovery will collapse Christianity

Iran: Discovery will collapse Christianity

Thoughts?

Turkey confiscated a leather-bound text, written on animal hide, in an anti-smuggling operation in 2000. Turkish authorities believe the text could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, one of Jesus’ apostles and an associate of the apostle Paul.

This version of the Barnabas Gospel was written in the 5th or 6th century and it predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam, the Basij Press claims.
    In Chapter 41 of the Barnabas Gospel, Basij claims, is this statement: “God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written ‘La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,’” meaning Allah is the only God and Mohammad his prophet.
    “The discovery of the original Barnabas Bible will now undermine the Christian Church and its authority and will revolutionize the religion in the world,” the Basij report says. “The most significant fact, though, is that this Bible has predicted the coming of Prophet Mohammad and in itself has verified the religion of Islam, and this alone will unbalance the powers of the world and create instability in the Christian world.”
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/iran-disc...-christianity/

Head Lackey
    You forgot to include this:

On the inside of the back cover authorities found this inscription: Oh-wah, Ta-do, shy-am
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

God of Huskermax

Well, there goes Christianity

Sounds like all the discoveries that have been made that supposedly solidified the historical accuracy of Christianity.

People seeing things they want to see and believing things they want to believe. Film at 11.

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Well, there goes Christianity
    We had a nice run.
    Time to move on.

I wonder if Christian leaders will issue a fatwa?

What am I going to do with my Sunday mornings now?
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    What am I going to do with my Sunday mornings now?
    ride your bike around the lake.

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    I wonder if Christian leaders will issue a fatwa?
    No, I think they will issue a potluck.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post
    No, I think they will issue a potluck.
    and sell pickle cards

Heisman

I find it rather cute that the Iranians actually think they will "crush Christianity" with this. If they're that naive, I'm wondering if that makes their nuclear ambitions more or less possible, and therefore more or less worrisome. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    I find it rather cute that the Iranians actually think they will "crush Christianity" with this. If they're that naive, I'm wondering if that makes their nuclear ambitions more or less possible, and therefore more or less worrisome. Hmm...
    They don't expect to crush Christianity. It's pure propaganda to further brainwash their own people.

All Big 10
    From the same article

As reported recently,
    a former intelligence officer in the Revolutionary Guards revealed that tens of thousands of Bibles were confiscated and burned in Iran, under the order of Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said the Bible is not a holy book and its burning is morally acceptable.

I won't hold my breath waiting for an apology and I won't be calling for the death of Ayatollah Ali Khamenie.

We begin bombing in five minutes
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    From the same article

I won't hold my breath waiting for an apology and I won't be calling for the death of Ayatollah Ali Khamenie.

We begin bombing in five minutes
    just spare the fine-looking women...that's all I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    just spare the fine-looking women...that's all I ask.
    How will we know which ones behind the burka? Wait, I know, send the TSA in to feel 'em up.