Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: EPA to county: Control your DUST!

  1. #1
    Heathen
    CornfieldCounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,406

    EPA to county: Control your DUST!

    Really? Control the dust in a rural county? THIS is a prime example of why the EPA needs to be dissolved!

    http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...ust-level.html

    EPA: Pinal County must lower dust level

    by Lindsey Collom - May. 23, 2012 10:04 PM

    After two years of warnings, Pinal County has been ordered to clean up its air.

    The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has declared that portions of western Pinal County are violating its coarse-dust standard, which limits the amount of PM-10, particles 10 micrometers or less in diameter, present in the air.

    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

    Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

  2. #2
    2 years of warnings...they've had plenty of patience...it just about ran out.

  3. #3
    Intellectual Patriot
    Squatchsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    15,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    2 years of warnings...they've had plenty of patience...it just about ran out.
    I just cant do it.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

    I love fan mail.

  4. #4
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McKinney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    I just cant do it.
    Aww, c'mon! You know you wanna...

  5. #5
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,890
    So do they want some dust or wasting water on settling the dust? How else do you control dust? Plant stuff which takes away the earths nutrients, water which draws down much needed irrigation water needed in the desert, maybe cloud seeding to make it rain?

  6. #6
    Ayyy!
    huskrthill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Posts
    37,212
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    So do they want some dust or wasting water on settling the dust? How else do you control dust? Plant stuff which takes away the earths nutrients, water which draws down much needed irrigation water needed in the desert, maybe cloud seeding to make it rain?
    Put oil on it.

  7. #7
    Head Lackey
    Red Dead Redemption's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stuck on Mopac...
    Posts
    11,701
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    So do they want some dust or wasting water on settling the dust? How else do you control dust? Plant stuff which takes away the earths nutrients, water which draws down much needed irrigation water needed in the desert, maybe cloud seeding to make it rain?

    crushed barton springs salamanders are very sticky -- they would work well
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.



  8. #8
    Heathen
    CornfieldCounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    2 years of warnings...they've had plenty of patience...it just about ran out.
    Two years of stupidity? Yea.. that makes it all OK.

    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

    Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

  9. #9
    Big 12 Champs
    FeelLikeAStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Hardscratch Springs
    Posts
    27,379
    I'm convinced we are heading for another dust bowl. So many farmers are taking down the few remaining shelterbelts for an extra row of corn, the CRP acreage #'s are dwindling...All we need is a good drought for a year or two and its going to be ugly.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10


  10. #10
    Heathen
    CornfieldCounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,406
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    I'm convinced we are heading for another dust bowl. So many farmers are taking down the few remaining shelterbelts for an extra row of corn, the CRP acreage #'s are dwindling...All we need is a good drought for a year or two and its going to be ugly.
    Just for clarification, do you know what caused the dust bowl and why it pretty much cannot happen today?

    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

    Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Put oil on it.
    This is the only answer.

  12. #12
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,890
    Maybe we can start paying people to pee on the dust?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    Maybe we can start paying people to pee on the dust?
    pee is a natural fertilizer. just make sure everyone pees down wind.

  14. #14
    Intellectual Patriot
    Squatchsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    15,251
    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Just for clarification, do you know what caused the dust bowl and why it pretty much cannot happen today?
    Monsters. We killed them all, although I think some of their kin still live in Canada.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

    I love fan mail.

  15. #15
    Intellectual Patriot
    Squatchsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    15,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    pee is a natural fertilizer. just make sure everyone pees down wind.
    Filter my man, filter.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

    I love fan mail.

  16. #16
    Heathen
    CornfieldCounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    Monsters. We killed them all, although I think some of their kin still live in Canada.

    Get out of my field!!!

    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

    Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

  17. #17
    Blackshirt
    Ogahusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    14,943
    Between this and cow farts, rural America should be nuked.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

  18. #18
    Red Shirt
    RedRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    2,733
    In my neighborhood, a guy bought a lot across the street and is using it for a baseball field. It is not irrigated and he mowed it down in the fall. This spring it was a mess. I had dirt everywhere in my garage, attic, pool. The people next door to him were way worse as they had dirt mounds at the edge of the grass. Blowing dust can create a lot of problems for others and if you create a mess for others, you should have some responsibility.

  19. #19
    Heathen
    CornfieldCounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,406
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    In my neighborhood, a guy bought a lot across the street and is using it for a baseball field. It is not irrigated and he mowed it down in the fall. This spring it was a mess. I had dirt everywhere in my garage, attic, pool. The people next door to him were way worse as they had dirt mounds at the edge of the grass. Blowing dust can create a lot of problems for others and if you create a mess for others, you should have some responsibility.
    In an urban setting, sure.. IN THE DESERT? um.. no.

    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

    Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

  20. #20
    Guest

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,443
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    In my neighborhood, a guy bought a lot across the street and is using it for a baseball field. It is not irrigated and he mowed it down in the fall. This spring it was a mess. I had dirt everywhere in my garage, attic, pool. The people next door to him were way worse as they had dirt mounds at the edge of the grass. Blowing dust can create a lot of problems for others and if you create a mess for others, you should have some responsibility.
    There's a difference between personal responsibility and proposed regulations by government agencies. I agree that your neighbor should be accountable for his actions that might affect you, but I don't agree that the EPA should be regulating policies about dust control.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •