Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EPA to county: Control your DUST!

Starter

EPA to county: Control your DUST!

Really? Control the dust in a rural county? THIS is a prime example of why the EPA needs to be dissolved!

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...ust-level.html

EPA: Pinal County must lower dust level

by Lindsey Collom - May. 23, 2012 10:04 PM

After two years of warnings, Pinal County has been ordered to clean up its air.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has declared that portions of western Pinal County are violating its coarse-dust standard, which limits the amount of PM-10, particles 10 micrometers or less in diameter, present in the air.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Husker Fan

2 years of warnings...they've had plenty of patience...it just about ran out.

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    I just cant do it.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    I just cant do it.
    Aww, c'mon! You know you wanna...

Scout Team

So do they want some dust or wasting water on settling the dust? How else do you control dust? Plant stuff which takes away the earths nutrients, water which draws down much needed irrigation water needed in the desert, maybe cloud seeding to make it rain?

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    So do they want some dust or wasting water on settling the dust? How else do you control dust? Plant stuff which takes away the earths nutrients, water which draws down much needed irrigation water needed in the desert, maybe cloud seeding to make it rain?
    Put oil on it.

Head Lackey

crushed barton springs salamanders are very sticky -- they would work well
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Starter
    Two years of stupidity? Yea.. that makes it all OK.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard

I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Party like it's 1985!
    I'm convinced we are heading for another dust bowl. So many farmers are taking down the few remaining shelterbelts for an extra row of corn, the CRP acreage #'s are dwindling...All we need is a good drought for a year or two and its going to be ugly.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    I'm convinced we are heading for another dust bowl. So many farmers are taking down the few remaining shelterbelts for an extra row of corn, the CRP acreage #'s are dwindling...All we need is a good drought for a year or two and its going to be ugly.
    Just for clarification, do you know what caused the dust bowl and why it pretty much cannot happen today?

Life is hard

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Put oil on it.
    This is the only answer.

Scout Team

Maybe we can start paying people to pee on the dust?

Husker Fan

Maybe we can start paying people to pee on the dust?
    pee is a natural fertilizer. just make sure everyone pees down wind.

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Just for clarification, do you know what caused the dust bowl and why it pretty much cannot happen today?
    Monsters. We killed them all, although I think some of their kin still live in Canada.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Intellectual Patriot
    pee is a natural fertilizer. just make sure everyone pees down wind.
    Filter my man, filter.

I love fan mail.