Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ticket: Munson talks recruiting: Pelini, Samuelson, Mathis Who is next? (5/24/12)

The Ticket: Munson talks recruiting: Pelini, Samuelson, Mathis Who is next? (5/24/12)

FYI....

---Talks about how Bo closed the deal with Hart and Samuelson....get more aggressive with this class....Nebraska giving alot more thought as to who they offer and thus more value to the recruit....not just carpet bombing the country with offers....

---Samuelson a really good pick-up....the area he comes from very rural and not highly recruited....probably underrated because of that....is going to be reevaluated and will more than likely move up in the position...

---Who is next? Thinks it will be WR Kevin Gladney out of Akron, Ohio (offers from Nebraska, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Iowa, Cincinnati among others)....Courtney Love is recruiting him hard....he will be on campus on 11 June and could stay for the second Jr. Day....

---Mathis really likes Nebraska....however, thinks he will be a very difficult pull for Nebraska as it looks like Cravens (his cousin) is a lock for USC....and it will weigh into his decision....

Listen Here:

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1189120.html
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Recruit
    I do keep holding out hope that we can land a guy like Cravens and am also worried that Mathis is going to follow him to USC.

Very excited to see how Bo and company are going about recruiting. I am a huge fan of the take time to make offers that mean something versus the offer everyone and see what sticks.

Everything I have read and heard has Cravens a lock for USC....he is a S. Calif. kid...to be expected...would be like USC thinking they could sway Banderas....USC does not lose kids like this very often....and if they do they usually have the spot already filled with someone they think is better....Mathis its hard to read on him....I still think we have a shot at him despite what Munson says....

Yes the staff is doing a good job....

Quote Originally Posted by MsideHuskers View Post
    I do keep holding out hope that we can land a guy like Cravens and am also worried that Mathis is going to follow him to USC.

Very excited to see how Bo and company are going about recruiting. I am a huge fan of the take time to make offers that mean something versus the offer everyone and see what sticks.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Everything I have read and heard has Cravens a lock for USC....he is a S. Calif. kid...to be expected...would be like USC thinking they could sway Banderas....USC does not lose kids like this very often....and if they do they usually have the spot already filled with someone they think is better....Mathis its hard to read on him....I still think we have a shot at him despite what Munson says....

Yes the staff is doing a good job....
    RR, if you know, how hard is Mathis really being recruited by USC with their scholly situation (I see he does hold an offer)?

I really don't know where either one will end up, but it seems like these "package deals" rarely ever actually work out that way.

I'm not sure they will be a package deal....that was what most folks thought (including me) when this all started because of what they both said....I think Mathis, from what I have read of late, would like to play with Cravens, but like the Peat brothers its not a given and he has said so...also he is not wild about the USC campus or its location....smart kid...

I'm not sure how hard they are recruiting....his favorites appear to be Nebraska, Michigan and Washington...

Brady Hoke started to recruit Cravens when he was at San Diego State and he was a Soph....one school fo thought, is if Cravens was to leave S. California that Michigan would have a better shot than Nebraska as Hoke has built a relationship with him....

Cravens I feel pretty certain about....Mathis I think we have a shot at....I'll say 50-50 to hedge my bets..

Quote Originally Posted by BraskyMan View Post
    RR, if you know, how hard is Mathis really being recruited by USC with their scholly situation (I see he does hold an offer)?

I really don't know where either one will end up, but it seems like these "package deals" rarely ever actually work out that way.

Red Shirt
    I'm not sure they will be a package deal....that was what most folks thought (including me) when this all started because of what they both said....I think Mathis, from what I have read of late, would like to play with Cravens, but like the Peat brothers its not a given and he has said so...also he is not wild about the USC campus or its location....smart kid...

I'm not sure how hard they are recruiting....his favorites appear to be Nebraska, Michigan and Washington...

Brady Hoke started to recruit Cravens when he was at San Diego State and he was a Soph....one school fo thought, is if Cravens was to leave S. California that Michigan would have a better shot than Nebraska as Hoke has built a relationship with him....

Cravens I feel pretty certain about....Mathis I think we have a shot at....I'll say 50-50 to hedge my bets..

Thanks RR!

Mathis does not have a USC offer at this point and based on some of his comments before, I don't think he expects to receive one either.

He was less than flattering about the campus and its location in LA on visiting there...

And I agree with the #'s at USC with the probation he would be borderline at best to get an offer...

Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Mathis does not have a USC offer at this point and based on some of his comments before, I don't think he expects to receive one either.

He was less than flattering about the campus and its location in LA on visiting there...

And I agree with the #'s at USC with the probation he would be borderline at best to get an offer...
    USC-fan is pretty intent on him having grade issues as well

I'm sure they are....nice way to excuse it away in their minds....

My brother-in-law went to USC for the first year of Radiology School at USC and transfered to UC San Francisco because fo the location/crime around the campus....and he grew up in LA....

Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    USC-fan is pretty intent on him having grade issues as well

Red Shirt

How many more DE's do you see us taking? If we're only taking one more then who would be the bigger get: Mathis or Vanderdoes? We definitely need speed rushers IMO.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers.

One at most and if Mathis wants 'N' he will be so...

Vanderdoes...that guy has some serious BIG TIME offers... Not the fastest guy....

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer7 View Post
    How many more DE's do you see us taking? If we're only taking one more then who would be the bigger get: Mathis or Vanderdoes? We definitely need speed rushers IMO.

One at most and if Mathis wants 'N' he will be so...

Vanderdoes...that guy has some serious BIG TIME offers... Not the fastest guy....
    Would we actually turn one down if Vanderdoes wanted N also?

Pretty sure Vanderdoes is being looked at as more of a 3-tech/interior guy than for DE.

As for DE, I'm hoping we go after a JUCO DE and close up shop with that. If Mathis wants in...he's a guy you make room for.

Mathis will not stay in California. As of right now, it is Nebraska and Michigan. Washington is also going to get an official, but I feel they're a distant third right now. Tons of time for another team to make a move, but it's us and Hoke right now for Mathis.