Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: A Pelini era first?

"Knock, knock..."

A Pelini era first?

No Husker defensive players on the 1st or 2nd team All-Conf preseason? I doubt/hope that's the case at the end of the year.

Good to see so many offensive players on the list. Maher is getting mad props.

http://www.philsteele.com/Pdf/2012Pr...All-BigTen.pdf

Interesting that A-Rod made it as a guard...Steele must not have gotten the memo on that one.

Stafford is the only one I would've considered, and I would have placed him second team. Thanks for the link.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    Stafford is the only one I would've considered, and I would have placed him second team. Thanks for the link.
    Concur. I'm hoping maybe Zaire or outside shot Rose will explode on the scene and pick up a 2nd team nod by seasons end. It would fantastic if Baker or another DL would make 1st or 2nd team.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

We have prideful kids on our team and hopefully they use this as further motivation to have great seasons.

I'd be happy to have a solid no-name defense as compared to last year where there were superstars but we got torched at times. Phil Steele has a pretty good sense of talent but perhaps we can overcome that.

Is MSU's defense going to be as good as all the pundits suggest?? They lost the big man out of the middle in Worthy. I know many of them are back but they didn't seem like a juggernaut last year.

Blackshirt
    Compton and Stafford will both be 1st teamers at year's end - and if Seisay is what everyone's touting him to be, he could very well make 1st team as well
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

Red Shirt
    Lavonte David wasn't even on ANYONE's all league honorable mention two years ago.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Seisay is going to turn heads...mark it down...

Stafford in my opinion is All-America material....

Also Anderson is the real deal too....

Should be fun to watch....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Ayyy!

Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Seisay, Stafford, Steinkuhler... I'd even through in Whaley, Compton, Rome, and one of our DEs as potential 1st or 2nd team candidates.

Scout Team
    If Compton continues to improve as he did through last year, he may have a chance.

Zaire is a beast! He'll be Newcomer of the Year.

"Knock, knock..."
    Oops, meant to say hope that's NOT the case at the end of the year.

Recruit

Pre season all conference is far less important than post season!
    Just Sayin'

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by the fountainhead View Post
    Pre season all conference is far less important than post season!
    Correct.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by NS Husker View Post
    Is MSU's defense going to be as good as all the pundits suggest?? They lost the big man out of the middle in Worthy. I know many of them are back but they didn't seem like a juggernaut last year.
    Maybe not a juggernaut (as in LSU/Alabama), but still the class of the Big Ten -- and 6th nationally in total defense. In fact, the Spartans were less than 10 yards from 3rd nationally. And they did hold Nebraska to 270 yards (close to MSU's season average). It's just that Nebraska owned the Spartans due to absolutely shutting down their offense. I have a feeling this is still a top 10 defense nationally.