Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Your Alma Mater(s)

Dawson-Verdon Jets Red, White, And Blue

Tri Valley 1982 Maroon & White
    Augustana College 1987, SD blue and gold
    UNL 1991 well you know......
    U. of South Dakota ??? red and white

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by sdhusker View Post
    Tri Valley 1982 Maroon & White
    Augustana College 1987, SD blue and gold
    UNL 1991 well you know......
    U. of South Dakota ??? red and white
    Pardon my ignorance, SD, but what and where is a "tri-valley"? It sounds like something from a Harry Potter story.
    [IMG][/IMG]

If my memory is correct Colton, SD. Yep, googled it--didnt trust my memory seeing as its been 20 years since I lived in my home state.

Lawrence High School, Lawrence Ne, Panthers, Black and Red
    University of Nebraska, Lincoln Ne

Recruit

Lincoln Southeast 85' - Knights, Black and Gold
    University of Nebraska Lincoln, .............

Gillfan....... when and where did you live? bluto, the address for Tri-Valley is actually Colton......... but the school is Colton, Lyons & Crooks........ each town wanted the school and they fought over it so the pulled out a map and put it in the middle of a corn field.. So if you google map Colton, SD and go 4 miles south and 1/2 east you can see the school in the middle of nowhere. So I can tell my kids I walked 4 miles to school

Gillfan....... when and where did you live? bluto, the address for Tri-Valley is actually Colton......... but the school is Colton, Lyons & Crooks........ each town wanted the school and they fought over it so the pulled out a map and put it in the middle of a corn field.. So if you google map Colton, SD and go 4 miles south and 1/2 east you can see the school in the middle of nowhere. So I can tell my kids I walked 4 miles to school
    Yankton and spent summers in the Hills, I will call it home again when I retire which cannot come soon enough to get out of the humidity of Kansas.

Travel Squad

Aurora High Huskies-Red and White

UNL--Red, White, and Black. With a touch of Gray.

Gillfan, welcome back we will go down to the dam and snag some paddlefish. I accidently snagged one this spring when the shut off the dam. It was about 40 lbs. and Game Fish and Parks guys all over the place. Luckily, the snag pulled out after about 30 min. But a fun 30 min.

Scout Team
    Lincoln Northeast HS Rockets - Black and White
    University of Nebraska Cornhusker - Scarlet and Cream
    University of Washington Fuskies - puke and barf
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!

Travel Squad

Gillfan, welcome back we will go down to the dam and snag some paddlefish. I accidently snagged one this spring when the shut off the dam. It was about 40 lbs. and Game Fish and Parks guys all over the place. Luckily, the snag pulled out after about 30 min. But a fun 30 min.
    And then you can check out the Cockatoo and Swede's in Lesterville if they are still in existence.

Amarillo High School, home of Nebraska lineman Bill Boborra, and Nebraska All America volleyball player Kori Cooper.

Amarillo has a few other key NU connections: Local cattleman Paul Engler is not only a big civic figure here in our community, he is also a former UNL Regent, as well as significant booster.

Also, the local high school football stadium here, Dick Bivins Stadium, was one of the first in the country to install Field Turf. Frank Solich and a number of players, administrators, and asst coaches visited Amarillo back in about 2000 to look at the field first hand. Soon thereafter, Field Turf was installed at Memorial. I visited with Solich briefly at the Beverly Hilton prior to the Miami game and he remembered his visit to Amarillo well.

College: West Texas A&M University Buffaloes, Canyon, Texas, Maroon & White. Home of a number of athletic greats - Maurice Cheeks, Mercury Morris, John Ayers, Duane Thomas, current NFL players Keith Null, Charly Martin, and Anthony Armstrong, Stephen Burton, J'Marcus Webb, and Chaun Thompson.

West Texas A&M has more representation in the NFL than any other Division II program.
    "Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. So Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't Fuzzy, Wuzzy?"