Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 236

Thread: QB recruitment

  1. #61
    Blackshirt
    Greatest Fan of All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Multiple (Omaha, Las Vegas)
    Posts
    15,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Stride Husker View Post
    So... Is "Greatest Fan of All" one of those ironic names like Stretch for a short guy or Tiny for a fat guy? I don't intend this as a personal attack, but I'm curious as to why you follow a team that is never able to meet your lofty expectations. Not on the field, in recruiting, in the coaching or AD offices... I don't recall ever seeing a positive post or thread from you. If you are so disgruntled and disappointed with all fascists of Husker football, feel free to hop off the bandwagon and give your "love" to another program.
    Rather than lower my expectations, I suggest that you up yours.

  2. #62
    Scout Team
    HuttoHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hutto Texas
    Posts
    3,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Rather than lower my expectations, I suggest that you up yours.
    Maybe because the vast majority on this board have real expectations and understand the limitations of recruiting to Lincoln and are happy with what we have. Sure it would be nice to win it all again.. no one on here is saying we wouldn't, but you in your infament wisdon think if we don't win all the recruiting battles and all the games that somehow it's Bo's fault. It must really suck to be you. The rest of us however are the true "Greatest fans of all" Now go take on the day.

  3. #63
    Recruit
    Stride Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    321
    Rather than lower my expectations, I suggest that you up yours.[/QUOTE]


    I feel like my expectations are high enough. I expect to win every game we play and have ever since I was 8 years old in 1970. I guess the difference between us is in our reaction in the event that doesn't happen. I feel that lashing out angrily looking to lay blame for every little perceived miss step does no one any good. Especially those you lash out at. The negativity that vomits from this and other sites when things aren't going well is toxic. I'm more mindful of that all the time as my own son is now 18 and the thought of nameless, faceless people like you criticizing his every move sickens me. I can't imagine what these players and coaches truly think about "fans" like you. The problem is, you make us all look bad. They read or hear the negative crap and assume that's indicative of a larger percentage of the fan base than it really is. I'm embarrassed at times that I'm linked by association to this kind of behavior. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we all need to wear the rose colored glasses all he time but I would just suggest stepping back with some perspective and just enjoying the process a little more. Appreciate the endless hours of work the coaches and players put in without taking every opportunity to tear them down in this public forum. I realize that is most likely impossible for those fans like you but I just wanted to express some lofty goals I have for the fans...Husker Nation as a whole. Shock us all and earn your title Greatest Fan of All.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    forgot the quotation marks. "GFOA"
    Thanks, I will remember them next time, maybe.

  5. #65
    Starter
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    12,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    When he starts winning some championships, he'll start to earn some credit.
    Some credit from you.....I highly doubt that he cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

  6. #66
    I fear that if the Cornhuskers do not recruit a big name quarterback this year then the entire program will shutdown in 4 years!!! We all know that you have to be a Junior or Senior to lead the offence, and have had at least 4 stars behind your name.

  7. #67
    Blackshirt
    Greatest Fan of All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Multiple (Omaha, Las Vegas)
    Posts
    15,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Stride Husker View Post

    I feel like my expectations are high enough. I expect to win every game we play and have ever since I was 8 years old in 1970. I guess the difference between us is in our reaction in the event that doesn't happen. I feel that lashing out angrily looking to lay blame for every little perceived miss step does no one any good. Especially those you lash out at. The negativity that vomits from this and other sites when things aren't going well is toxic. I'm more mindful of that all the time as my own son is now 18 and the thought of nameless, faceless people like you criticizing his every move sickens me. I can't imagine what these players and coaches truly think about "fans" like you. The problem is, you make us all look bad. They read or hear the negative crap and assume that's indicative of a larger percentage of the fan base than it really is. I'm embarrassed at times that I'm linked by association to this kind of behavior. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we all need to wear the rose colored glasses all he time but I would just suggest stepping back with some perspective and just enjoying the process a little more. Appreciate the endless hours of work the coaches and players put in without taking every opportunity to tear them down in this public forum. I realize that is most likely impossible for those fans like you but I just wanted to express some lofty goals I have for the fans...Husker Nation as a whole. Shock us all and earn your title Greatest Fan of All.
    I do not tear down players, never have, never will. My expectations are for those paid to coach these kids, and more specifically, for the HC who is paid not only to coach the kids but to build an effective coaching staff and develop effective schemes. There is only one guy I regularly criticize and IMO he desires everything I've sent his way and more. Given that we made him a very rich man with nothing but mediocre results to show for it...he should be happy to take the heat, the same way he cashes his paycheck...with a broad smile. My opinions are a matter of record here (although you obviously pay little attention or you wouldn't have posted half of what you did), I stand by them 100%...FYI, I've been on this wagon for 50 years...I'm not going anywhere...I will get through the Pelini era, a rough patch exceeded only by the brief BC era.

  8. #68
    Blackshirt
    Greatest Fan of All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Multiple (Omaha, Las Vegas)
    Posts
    15,252
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Some credit from you.....I highly doubt that he cares.
    Are you saying he doesn't value winning championships?

  9. #69
    Blackshirt
    Greatest Fan of All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Multiple (Omaha, Las Vegas)
    Posts
    15,252
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Maybe because the vast majority on this board have real expectations and understand the limitations of recruiting to Lincoln and are happy with what we have. Sure it would be nice to win it all again.. no one on here is saying we wouldn't, but you in your infament wisdon think if we don't win all the recruiting battles and all the games that somehow it's Bo's fault. It must really suck to be you. The rest of us however are the true "Greatest fans of all" Now go take on the day.
    LOL, excuse me for holding the guy making $3 million a year responsible for conducting his business professionally and with a high degree of success. I find it humorous that you, and those like you out here, love to make up things in your replies to my posts. Winning all the recruiting battles or all the games (at least every year), is not realistic...yet, you act as though that is what I expect. It simply is not. But, what I do not expect, is to lose 4 games every year...that, frankly, is embarrassing to our program. I am also concerned that Bo's records may have peeked and we could be in line for even more losses...now that he's worked his way through most of the BC talent inventory. With all the returning starters we have, we should go 11-2 this year, but I believe that Bo will find ways to lose at least 4 games.

    PS--I do not really believe that there are many fans that are "happy with what we have," I think most are far too patient and are merely hoping that someday soon Bo will show great improvement.

  10. #70
    Recruit
    Stride Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    321
    ""My opinions are a matter of record here (although you obviously pay little attention or you wouldn't have posted half of what you did)""

    Actually, I've read enough that I'm now conditioned to automaticly skip over most of what you have to say. My post above though was not aimed at you alone. More a general statement against the ugly negative tone that tends to surface all too frequently. You may never ridicule players but I've certainly seen it here. Sorry for not recognizing your negativity for the public service it obviously is.

  11. #71
    Blackshirt
    Greatest Fan of All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Multiple (Omaha, Las Vegas)
    Posts
    15,252
    nm

  12. #72
    Guest

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Loveland, CO
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    nm
    What is nm?

  13. #73
    Red Shirt
    gutterputt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Island, Ne
    Posts
    1,547
    nevermind

  14. #74
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    7,097
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Husker View Post
    What is nm?
    In most cases it means never mind, however in GFOA's case it might mean "nasty mother"!

  15. #75
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    68,955
    I'm not sure I want to enter this urination contest, but I do agree with GFOA that my expectations have not been realized. I'm not as harsh on Pelini as he tends to be, bit the buck does stop with the HC and I'd like to think that we can do better than four loss seasons. We should not expect to be blown out in games, or to not be ready to play mentally or emotionally. I've also wondered many times about his use of Martinez and why we can't seem to develop a backup QB and get him some quality snaps. This year will be very important in seeing whether real progress is being made.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.









Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •