Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Daily Show producer wanted to hate Republicans, but couldn't

Daily Show producer wanted to hate Republicans, but couldn't

Linky need fixy
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Done.

The essay he wrote for Salon is interesting, but the quibble I have with it is that he seems to be (or to previously have been) coming from a place where he thinks he has to hate people he disagrees with. That's a really unhealthy attitude to have.

http://www.salon.com/2012/04/27/the_...to_my_enemies/

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    The essay he wrote for Salon is interesting, but the quibble I have with it is that he seems to be (or to previously have been) coming from a place where he thinks he has to hate people he disagrees with. That's a really unhealthy attitude to have.

http://www.salon.com/2012/04/27/the_...to_my_enemies/

You're dead wrong, idiot.

Seriously, though. I've found some people on each extreme effectively surround themselves with people who believe just as they do, then start to believe every good person believes as they do. Then they are confounded to find out that there are good people who simply think differently than they do.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post

Seriously, though. I've found some people on each extreme effectively surround themselves with people who believe just as they do, then start to believe every good person believes as they do. Then they are confounded to find out that there are good people who simply think differently than they do.
    That's a stupid thing to say, and you're a stupid person for saying it!
    -Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post

No good person thinks differently than we do. Occasionally Bruce becomes distracted and his mind strays, but one big squeeze brings him back around. Good boy.