Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Now here's a Husker who gets it

Now here's a Husker who gets it

I wish Ahman Green were the most outspoken member of the program when it comes to gay rights.

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/20...esbian-sister/

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    I wish Ahman Green were the most outspoken member of the program when it comes to gay rights.

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/20...esbian-sister/
    Brown is not happy.

Husker Fan

kudos to Ahman Green.

Cool article, it was interesting to see stereotypes break down on both sides. I also like that Ahman expressed tolerance for Ron Brown's opposing point of view and otherwise commended Ron Brown for the person he is overall. The article made me proud that AG is a husker.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Intellectual Patriot
    He has come a long way from domestic abuse in Seattle.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Does anyone know if Outsports outs gay athletes against their will?

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    Does anyone know if Outsports outs gay athletes against their will?
    Your playing days are over, you are safe.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    Your playing days are over, you are safe.
    Whew!

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    Whew!

I know right!?! I was never so happy to file those retirement papers with the World Beer Pong Assoc.

I love fan mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    I know right!?! I was never so happy to file those retirement papers with the World Beer Pong Assoc.
    Still waiting for my first pension check.

All Legend

I like how casual, direct, intelligent, matter-of-fact Ahman was in the article. Just a regular, relatable guy.

And his acceptance of Ron Brown too, is where I am at.

“I just knew he was a good coach, he motivated us to be the best we could be on that football field, and anything outside of that, he always tried to teach us to be a well-rounded person.”

“Each person believes in something. That’s what he believes in. To him that’s right. To other folks, that’s not quite the right way to look at things, because it’s 2012. Times have changed.”

I've never met Brown, but I've seen so many things that suggest he is a special person. I'd hate to throw the baby out with the bathwater.