Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 B1G Baseball Tournament

Husker Immortal

2012 B1G Baseball Tournament

Tournament action gets underway on Wednesday at 12:05 p.m. ET as Nebraska faces Michigan State. Game 2 will begin at approximately 3:35 p.m. ET and will feature Penn State and Ohio State. Purdue and Indiana will begin play on Thursday and will face the winners of Wednesday's games. All games will be broadcast live on BTN.
    http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baseb...051912aaa.html

The complete bracket can be found here
    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...acket_2012.pdf

I'm kinda rooting for OSU to beat PSU as a win by the Huskers would put us in a 2nd round game against Indiana. I'd like to see us get a bit of revenge against the Hoosiers before a potential matchup with Purdue. It would also make the comeback easier in the loss column should we get beat by the Boilermakers.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."

Junior Varsity
    This bracket is further proof that the B1G needs to completely renovate their approach to college baseball. Eight teams. Double-elimination bracket. This is not difficult.

Even our old conference got it right:
    http://www.big12sports.com/pdf8/8459...B_OEM_ID=10410
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    This bracket is further proof that the B1G needs to completely renovate their approach to college baseball. Eight teams. Double-elimination bracket. This is not difficult.
    I agree Mort. I understand that the benefit to winning the regular season is getting a bye, but teams 2-6 were in a pack all season and I'm not thinking that Indiana was deserving of a bye. Eight teams seems more fair to pitching staffs and with the 1-8 and 2-7 games, they may be a bit like a bye, anyway.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."

this is gonna be a tough tourney for anyone who loses their first game. the consolation bracket is a tough one to navigate.

i hope the two teams in red win on wednesday

Scout Team
    I like our chances Wed.. and beyond if we can get some pitching. Bats are good enough to win most games.

Junior Varsity
    Let's see if Erstad can catch lightning in a bottle a la van Horn, when the Big Red OWNED the Big XII tournament.
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

Thanks for the links TD. Go HUSKERS!!!!!!!

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Let's see if Erstad can catch lightning in a bottle a la van Horn, when the Big Red OWNED the Big XII tournament.
    +1
    Under the radar.

Steaming Weenie

DON'T LOSE that FIRST GAME. As already noted, the losers bracket is a killer. This tourney format is jacked.

Husker Immortal
    All that has to happen is, Darin has to know when to change pitchers! Our bats can carry us, as long as we don't let the pitching put us in a hole.

From this moment on, it is up to Darin to be "smart", period.!!

Unless I have to go to Idaho Falls on an emergency delivery, I WILL be here!!

GO BIG RED!!!

ROCK THE WORLD!!!
    GO BIG RED!

Husker Immortal
    GO BIG RED!

Red Shirt
    This from Boyd Nation on Rivals.

"The Big 10 has been weird this year; I think there are three or four teams there that might pull an at large if they lost to Purdue in the finals"

Under the radar.

Husker Immortal
    With the round one loss, the Huskers would now have to win six straight games to win the tournament. Compare that with Purdue or Indiana who can take the title with just three wins in three games.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    With the round one loss, the Huskers would now have to win six straight games to win the tournament. Compare that with Purdue or Indiana who can take the title with just three wins in three games.

It would be more than just a miracle for the Huskers. Heck, when is the last time Nebraska even won six straight games (regardless of the opponents)? Not this season. I'm sure none of the current Huskers have experienced that while playing for Nebraska. And we flat-out aren't good enough to pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    It would be more than just a miracle for the Huskers. Heck, when is the last time Nebraska even won six straight games (regardless of the opponents)? Not this season. I'm sure none of the current Huskers have experienced that while playing for Nebraska. And we flat-out aren't good enough to pull that off.

Red Shirt
    I didn't think there was a chance yesterday to come back from 8 down but It almost happened. Odds are stacked against us but why not.

Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    Odds are stacked against us but why not.
    hell if creighton can do it, so can we.

All American
    Indiana has a bottom 8th rally going, scoring 4 and taking the lead 6-4
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for
    without receiving.

Husker Immortal
    Indiana just seems like a mediocre team to me at a barely .500 record that just manages to keep getting it done. Good for them.