Living in Wisconsin I am increasingly growing to hate all things Badger.
This program is a bit of an oxymoron ... last year they were two plays away from being undefeated and playing LSU in the BCS championship yet IMO they are not very good.
1) Their non-conference schedule is horrendous. Lat year they played UNLV, Norther Illinois, South Dakota and Oregon State. This year they play Northern Iowa, Oregon State, Utah State and UTEP. UNI is D1AA and the other three combined for a 15-22 record last season.
2) UW lost two conference games last season - both last minute hail mary's - both on the road.
3) UW though played Indiana, Purdue and Illinois (15-23 combined record) while NU played Iowa, Michigan and Northwestern (24-15 combined record).
4) Wisconsin's "system" easily assimilated Russell Wilson at QB and made him a likely NFL roster player. Also bodes well for Danny O'Brien the Maryland transfer due to arrive in June much like Wilson did the year before.
5) UW lost two O-Linemen to the NFL draft, its leading WR and starting QB along with its O-Line coach, O-Coordinator as well as their TE coach.
I can make a case that UW's toughest game next season will be its September 29th date in Lincoln. They play Ohio State and Michigan State at home and their other conference road games are Indiana, Purdue and Penn State.
The game in Lincoln looms large!
That Wisconsin game Sept 29 is the one I have selected for my annual pilgramage to Memorial Stadium.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi