Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Prayer Request for Lady Husker

Walk On Hero
    Ann continues to progress slowly. She was sitting upright in a special rehab chair yesterday as we worked with her to eat lunch and dinner (ever had pureed BBQ chicken or pork?) . Looks like she may move out of ICU in a day or so. Her medical status is slowly improving with an eye towards long term care in preparation for rehab. Apparently she has to be ready to perform 3 hours of rehab daily before she can be moved to rehab; she is nowhere near ready for that. Baby steps...

Slowly but surely.....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Blackshirt
    Still very positive steps for her, Wishing her well.

Walk On Hero
    Ann Update: 30 June 12 - Day 44 - Ann spoke for the first time today!! It was wonderful to hear her voice again. It's quite a struggle for her to speak because her lungs are so weak from the pneumonia so we didn't have a long conversation, but I'll take any sound from her. Looked at another long term acute care (LTAC) facility today as she will likely be moved early next week. Still very very weak, she has a long rehab ahead of her, but she is up to it. Simply sitting up for a short time yesterday really tired her out, so much so that she is not doing any PT this weekend (they don't do much on the weekend anyhow). Once she is done at the LTAC, she will be ready to move on to rehab. Baby steps......

May god bless you all for your continued support. Thanks.

RMR

God Bless her...

Society Crazy Indeed
    Thanks for the update and this is only making me do more good so i can send you/yours the Karma.

Peace

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Walk On Hero
    Ann was moved to a Long Term Acute Care hospital yesterday afternoon. Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy evaluations today, with some preliminary work in each area to determine her baseline status. Ann insists she is ready to get to work on her rehab so she can get on with life. A really good sign. Good news is that she is on semi-solid food, she has a speech diaphram in her trach, and is showing improvement each day. She's a fighter and is showing her determination. Long road ahead but I have no doubt she'll get there

Blackshirt
    Excellent, Excellent news !!!

That is great news....every little bit of progress is a step in the right direction....

Thoughts and prayers are with her, thanks for the updates RMR and hopefully the great news keeps coming.

Despite the continued long road, wonderful news!!!! So glad to hear.

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

Blackshirt
    Hey Rock we need an update!

Walk On Hero
    Ann is continuing to make real progress - She's stable enough they trained and cleared me to assist her out of her chair and walk her up and down the hall in her ward (pretty trusting, eh?). Looks like we might be moving her to Colorado Springs for acute rehab sometime next week. Medically, she's good to go, so the next step is acute rehab. Probably going to be on an in patient basis for a while, then a transition to out patient. Her recovery continues to be the talk among the neurologists; I personally believe it is through your prayers and His intervention along with her strength and determination. That light at the end of the tunnel no longer looks like a freight train.....

Again, I can not express enough thanks to all of you for prayers and well wishes for the Ann and the Chief. In different ways, we can all grow from this episode. For Pops and others of disimilar faith than myself, the God of my faith sees your works and is certainly well pleased. And I thank him for your friendships. RR, thank you for allowing this topic to remain up top. Everyone of you who have posted, or simply read it and prayed from a distance, it has made a difference. And the Neurologists would attest to that.

Great news my good friend...

Walk On Hero
    All,
    Many thanks for the continued support. It looks like Ann will be moving back down from University hospital in Denver to Colordo Springs to a skilled nurse rehabilitation center. A huge and positive step. In time, I'm sure she will be happy to share her thanks personally, and I will pass along. I know the Fire Chief is grateful.

RR, I am thankful for the sticky and support. I think updates will be very paced from here out. I am Ok with removing the thread if you choose. Again, thanks all for showing your individual and collective love and compassion. God is great!

Scott