Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer Request for Lady Husker

Hybrid View

Walk On Hero

Prayer Request for Lady Husker

My friend and coworker, the Fire Chief for the command went on the "Run for the Wall" bike ride Friday with his wife (Ann). While at the hotel in New Mexico, she suffered a brain aneurism. An ambulance ride and two life flights later, she is in Denver. Things are moving in the right direction and she is now responsive. She is from Schickley NE. Asking for prayers and well wishing for continued progress and comfort to the family. Thanks in advance my good friends.

Old Timer

Prayers sent for speedy recovery. Godspeed, fellow Husker!!

#1 Husker Fan
    Prayers being sent!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Husker Immortal
    Prayers going up for a speedy and complete recovery for the Lady Husker Biker.
    "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." C. S. Lewis

Red Shirt
    Prayers sent. Here's to a speedy recovery
    IT IS NOT THE WILL TO WIN THAT MATERS - EVERYONE HAS THAT. IT IS THE WILL TO PREPARE TO WIN THAT MATTERS. GO BIG RED!!!!

My good friend you got it.....May God have Guardian Angels watch over her and may God comfort her family....

Sticky...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Prayers being sent!
    I see RED people !!!

Walk On Hero
    Thanks all. Updates forthcoming.

Recruit

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. Never like to see a Nebraskan, current or former, in need of prayers, but she surely has mine. God Bless!

Blackshirt
    Good luck buddy, Look forward to us BS'n again when your in town!

Walk On Hero
    Day 3 is is determined to be rough. Having trouble keeping oxygen levels up. Fire Chief is putting on his best face, but its tough sledding. These concerns were anticipated and she is in the hands of Colorado's finest. Please continue to pray for Ann and John. I appreciate all of you.

Hang in there and tell the Fire Chief to do so too....Vicki and the girls send their prayers too....God is good and God is great....

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMountainRed View Post
    Day 3 is is determined to be rough. Having trouble keeping oxygen levels up. Fire Chief is putting on his best face, but its tough sledding. These concerns were anticipated and she is in the hands of Colorado's finest. Please continue to pray for Ann and John. I appreciate all of you.

Red Shirt
    Hope the lady is past the crisis point by now.

Some say that faith heals, and mine is with you.

Recruit
    In our thoughts & prayers!
    ]

Recruit
    She and her family are in my prayers!

Enjoy the Ride
    Prayers are with you.

Walk On Hero
    Day 4 Morning: Quiet night - BP is within normal limits, pulseox is up (good sign), ICP (intercranial pressure) is well within norms. She does have a blood clot issue that they are treating with drugs. All in all things are going well so far. Love you Husker Nation.

.....I can relate with what we went through with Vicki last summer it was touch 'n' go....sounds like she is on her way back up...

Keep believing....God is good.... Prayers still coming from my family and I....

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMountainRed View Post
    Day 4 Morning: Quiet night - BP is within normal limits, pulseox is up (good sign), ICP (intercranial pressure) is well within norms. She does have a blood clot issue that they are treating with drugs. All in all things are going well so far. Love you Husker Nation.

Walk On Hero
    Things have taken a serious turn for the worse. Unbeknownst to us, Ann suffered a series of small strokes on the left side of her brain; not sure why. The docs say there is no doubt she will suffer permanent neurological impacts to her language skills, speech, and mobility, probably requiring permanent care. Not good news. Right now, still nothing we can do but hang on and hope the docs can pull her through this.
    I appreciate the prayers and wishes. The challenges moving forward will be great for the family. May unity, perseverence and love lead the way for them all.

Blackshirt
    She is alive brother, biggest battle is already won. This does not help you but doctors are wrong sometimes. My mother was given last rites 3 different times after a stroke. She lived another 6 years. With some problems yes. But she was still MOM...

Keep The Faith!