Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Banderas wins Class A hurdles

Smile Banderas wins Class A hurdles

I think some folks are going to be surprised just how good of an athlete this youngman is when he steps on campus....

Husker football recruit Josh Banderas had himself a very good day at the state track meet in Omaha.The Lincoln Southwest standout won the Class A 110 hurdles. Impressive for anyone, but especially a 220-pound linebacker.
    More here:

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Huske...e_hurdles.html
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Junior Varsity

14.53 in the hurdles is a great time for any kid. Being a 220 pound linebacker and having that time, very impressive.

Husker Immortal
    I weighed 220 in high school, but the only records I set as a hurdler were "most hurdles broken in a race" and "most hurdles broken in a season". I can still hear the coach cursing me and complaining that his budget didn't allow for purchasing that many new hurdles.
    "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." C. S. Lewis

Recruit
    I think being a champion high hurdler means speed, power, agility and technique. At 220 lbs, this guy has plenty of upside as a linebacker.
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."

Scout Team
    Equally as impressive is Curtis Cotton's son, Kenzo. He broke state records in the 200m and nearly the 100m and he is (in the voice of Keith Jackson) "only a soph-o-more". Lets see if his football skills continue to develop.

weird he doesn't look the part

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktril View Post
    Equally as impressive is Curtis Cotton's son, Kenzo. He broke state records in the 200m and nearly the 100m and he is (in the voice of Keith Jackson) "only a soph-o-more". Lets see if his football skills continue to develop.

More Cotton Baby!
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax

Scout Team
    He appears to be a very impressive athlete... I'm glad he is "N" already.

Red Shirt
    I can hear the Cotton bashing starting already.

Varsity
    No mentioning of Josh throwing the bows at the track meet yet.....It was great to see, IMO. I look forward to seeing what this kid can do the new few years in Lincoln. And Kenzo is going to be a hell of an athlete when it's all said and done. Very humble kid. Hope he stays home after high school also.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Scout Team
    Notice how GFoA doesn't partake in positive threads regarding our recruits, only the one's we miss out on.