Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

View Poll Results: Which Big Ten team are you most excited to play in 2012?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wisconsin

23 32.86%
  • @ Ohio State

5 7.14%
  • @ Northwestern

1 1.43%
  • Michigan

36 51.43%
  • @ Michigan State

1 1.43%
  • Penn State

1 1.43%
  • Minnesota

1 1.43%
  • @ Iowa

2 2.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which B1G Game Are You Most Excited For?

I chose Northwestern because seeing the Huskers play in my hometown has been something I've looked forward to since we joined the Big Ten.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Red Shirt
    Indiana Purdue Illinois
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    Indiana Purdue Illinois
    Unfortunately will only be Purdue and Illinois because Penn State is our cross over rival. I suspect we'll get Indiana for the first time in 2015.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Red Shirt
    I just realized the Huskers don't play Indiana in 2013 or 2014 and they don't even show up in 2015....What's up?
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    I just realized the Huskers don't play Indiana in 2013 or 2014 and they don't even show up in 2015....What's up?
    I don't think the 2015 B10 schedule has been released yet.

Husker Immortal
    When's Formo going to show up and at least get in one vote for his Gophers?
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

Want to see Michigan. Tradition. History. They'll be good this year too

If you're unhappy you can root for Texas.

Nebraska.......love it or leave it

Excited for every game really. Wisconsin will be big too.
    Kind of mad Penn state had that scandal, that will take some of the fun out of that game for me.

But michigan at memorial stadium for the first team...Man I can't wait. Love the big ten

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    NU did not beat itself. UM kicked the crap out of them. NU's D could not stop UM and NU's offense couldn't make a play against the UM D if its life depended on it (3 third down coversions???) Oh, and UM's special teams also outplayed NU's, so I guess special teams did also contribute to the defeat, as was suggested.

Is that clear enough?

UNL fans have long had the reputation of never believing another team beat the Huskers. They always and only beat themselves. That certainly applies to what I have read on here so far this offseason about all of last year's losses.
    I have a question for you, Dr. Stanford. Why do you torture yourself by frequenting this BBS? Mostly all you do when you do come here is chastise us whiny Husker fans about the kool-aid attitude we have about our team. How many other BBSes do you subscribe to just to give crap to the fans that are biased in favor of their teams? Either you have a anti-Husker fan bias or you aren't to smart. The give away clue is that you are a Stanford grad and we all know that that means you are among the most exclusive, intelligent people on the planet. Kind of narrows things down for us, doesn't it?

Scout Team
    The Big Ten in general has a much more thrilling schedule than the Big XII ever did. Part of that is because generally the Big XII North was a two-horse race (Nebraska and either Tigers/Buffs) and the Big XII South was usually steamrolled by either UT or OU. Very rarely were Texas and Oklahoma BOTH amazing in the same season.

Check out all this Pigskin Eye-Candy for 2012! Every week has at least 2 or 3 great games, except for a few thin weeks. But those still feature blockbusters like Michigan-Notre Dame or Nebraska-Ohio State.

Great season of football coming!

Week 1 (Alabama @ UM) (Boise State @ MSU)
    Week 2 (NEB @ UCLA) (IOWA @ Iowa State) (Purdue @ Notre Dame)
    Week 3 (Notre Dame @ MSU) (Cal @ OSU) (PSU @ Navy)
    Week 4 (UM @ Notre Dame)
    Week 5 (MSU @ OSU) (UW @ NEB)
    Week 6 (NEB @ OSU)
    Week 7 (ILLN @ UM) (IOWA @ MSU)
    Week 8 (PSU @ IOWA) (MSU @ UM)
    Week 9 (UM @ NEB) (MSU @ UW) (OSU @ PSU)
    Week 10 (NEB @ MSU) (ILLN @ OSU)
    Week 11 (PSU 2 NEB) (PU @ IOWA)
    Week 12 (IOWA @ UM) (OSU @ UW)
    Week 13 (IOWA @ NEB) (UM @ OSU) (UW @ PSU)

Urban Meyer is the only coach in the conference who I consider truly great. 2 national titles, another undefeated season, and a heisman winner. I'm interested in seeing how Pelini stacks up. Historically, Pelini's defenses have done pretty good against UM.
    So, I wanna see the huskers in the shoe.

Starter
    Wow, the overwhelming choice is Michigan. Well, at least it's in Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Wow, the overwhelming choice is Michigan. Well, at least it's in Lincoln.
    Good luck to your horns, as a courtesy, although I hope they never win again.

Red Shirt
    EVERY home game since this is my first season with season tickets! I'm so stoked!!

Short & stout, no more 3 & out!-HuskerGene

SuperFan
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    When's Formo going to show up and at least get in one vote for his Gophers?
    lol I've been hella busy with work and playing Diablo3, completely been neglecting both HM and GopherHole lately. But, I got my vote in! =)

Outside of the obvious Minnesota game.. I'd say I'm most excited for your games versus Michigan and Wisky. scUM because, well, both our squads got smooshed against them in The Big House last year and I would like to see a competitive game. And Wisky because, well.. 'Better Dead Than Red' NOTE: That's Wisky red, not Neb Scarlet. =)
    SKI-U-MAH!

SuperFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookey View Post
    EVERY home game since this is my first season with season tickets! I'm so stoked!!
    Nice!! Congrats!!
    SKI-U-MAH!

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    NU did not beat itself. UM kicked the crap out of them. NU's D could not stop UM and NU's offense couldn't make a play against the UM D if its life depended on it (3 third down coversions???) Oh, and UM's special teams also outplayed NU's, so I guess special teams did also contribute to the defeat, as was suggested.

Is that clear enough?

UNL fans have long had the reputation of never believing another team beat the Huskers. They always and only beat themselves. That certainly applies to what I have read on here so far this offseason about all of last year's losses.
    I was in the Big House. I saw the horrible push off on Dennard that wasn't called. It was right in front of me! The totally blown call on the roughing the punter penalty was 20 yards in front of me! Those calls go the other way, different game. The snowball started rolling down the hill. When you have 115,000 (95,000 Michigan) screaming fans loving every screw up we had, including the 2, yes 2!!! fumbled kickoff returns, things can get tough. We gave them every opportunity to blow us out and they sure did. Time to return the favor this year. Tickets in section 107, plane tickets are bought, room reserved, I'll be in the house!!
    GBR

Husker Fan
    Wisconsin. Because that game could very well set the tone for the rest of the season. It's a "can't lose" game -- especially with the trip to Columbus the following week. The Michigan game may excite me more -- but let's say the Huskers are 1-2 (or God help us if we're 0-3) and Michigan is rolling into town. It certainly wouldn't have the same level of excitement as the Huskers going into that game undefeated.

Recruit
    Wisconsin- I got my tickets. I'll be there with 3 daughters and one son-in-law (his first ever d-1 game). We'll be better, it's our turf, and we got humiliated last year. Recipe for a good tussle.
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."