Get HuskerMaxô on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huskers Offer All-Purpose Back Jojo Kemp

Thumbs up Huskers Offer All-Purpose Back Jojo Kemp

Hot and heavy after RB recruits is our staff....just offered him and I would say we are his best offer at this point....USF is his early leader because its the local school....however, some good offers have come in and I think that will change...

Nate Clouse@NateClouseDeland, Fla. running back Jojo Kemp was offered by #Nebraska today.

Deland, Florida
    Dealnd High School
    5'10"
    190 lbs
    40:4.5
    Shuttle:4.37
    Vertical:35 inches
    Class:2013 (High School)
    Offers: Arizona State, FIU, Indiana, Kentucky, Marshall, Minnesota, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Florida, SMU, Temple, West Virgina, Western Kentucky
    Rivals: ESPN: 4-star 3-star, 247: 3-star, Scout: NR
    On film great speed and vision....hits the hole quick....also plays some D....

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

More film:

Article from last November:

The DeLand Bulldogs have found their go-to guy on offense.
    His name is JoJo Kemp.

The 5-foot-10, 190-pounder can bowl over a defender or shoot through a hole like a human cannonball. JoJo, or as his birth certificate says, Joseph Bernard Kemp III, has given the Bulldogs what they were missing from being taken seriously as a Class 8A playoffs contender

"He's a great leader," said senior slot receiver Austin Reddy, who also happens to be Kemp's best friend. "He can pick up the team. If you don't know where he is, just listen. You'll find him. You'll hear him. He gets us fired up to play."
    "He's a big, powerful kid," Smith said. "He's about 200 pounds and he cleans 300-plus pounds. He's not easy to tackle. He's got breakaway speed, too. In the last two or three games, he's broken off big runs. When we block it right for him, he can finish the deal."
    Much more here:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/sp...-clicking.html

"Knock, knock..."
    Sounds good to me.

Blackshirt
    Terrible music, wish they would stop this practice, though he himself looks quite impressive. Nice burst of initial speed on almost all the runs.

From what I'm reading, he was ready to pick between USF and FSU a couple months ago and decided to hold off.

He holds a couple of Big Ten offers in Indiana and Minnesota, but mostly east coast offers.

Player Profile

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRed View Post
    Terrible music, wish they would stop this practice, though he himself looks quite impressive. Nice burst of initial speed on almost all the runs.

Yea, personally I don't like to hear some of that music when watching video of a prospective athlete that may or may not be considering Nebraska....but everyone has their preferences I guess.

Kid runs through tackles and continues to grind after contact. I like his overall speed.....we'll see, I have a feeling a few more SEC schools will take notice this summer and after all else is said and done will end up being a difficult "get" out of this area.

An article I read from Feb 2012 had USF as the leader and a heavy lean....so that adds up...does not hold an FSU offer....

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    From what I'm reading, he was ready to pick between USF and FSU a couple months ago and decided to hold off.

He holds a couple of Big Ten offers in Indiana and Minnesota, but mostly east coast offers.

Player Profile

Starter
    Kind of reminds me of Roy Helu, hits the hole quickly and if the blocking is done properly, you can put 6 on the board as no one on the field is going to catch him. I like that he has some of that "Rex" in him though, no one tackler is going to bring him down. This kid will gain moment during his senior year and I believe if we want this kid, there will be a big guys we have to go through for him. Would be a great get.
    Quote Originally Posted by BornRaisedBleedRed View Post
    I value everyone's opinion whether it agrees with me or whether they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRed View Post
    Terrible music, wish they would stop this practice
    I've never understood why people find the need to comment on this. The music in these videos reflect the associations the athletes have with their performance. Embrace the music to better understand the athlete's psyche, or don't--mute the video. How does a stranger's normative musical preferences have anything to do with these kids?

Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by ACarl View Post
    I've never understood why people find the need to comment on this. The music in these videos reflect the associations the athletes have with their performance. Embrace the music to better understand the athlete's psyche, or don't--mute the video. How does a stranger's normative musical preferences have anything to do with these kids?
    I'm pretty sure my parents and grandparents couldn't stand the music I liked at that age either.
    If you continue to have your practices open to the public, donít be surprised if they show up. All of them.

Greatness is made in empty stadiums, but itís revealed in full stadiums.

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    I'm pretty sure my parents and grandparents couldn't stand the music I liked at that age either.
    I don't even listen to the music I listened to at that age. I still like it, but tastes definitely moved on. and I know my grandparents didn't like it.

Not sure what they had against Nirvana?
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says donít force the stupid people to be quiet ó I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban

Red Shirt

This guy looks real good. DeLand is about 30 mins outside of Orlando, some serious talent down here.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers.

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ACarl View Post
    This!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesnít matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    This!
    Not 100% sure, but my high school film back in the 80s might have had Huey Lewis, Morris Day and the Time, ACDC or Big Country.....depending on my mood