Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washington Post Romney 'Bullying' Profile Contradicted By... Automobile Magazine

Junior Varsity

Washington Post Romney 'Bullying' Profile Contradicted By... Automobile Magazine

Nice to see that HuskerMax has a higher journalistic standard than the Washington Post.

Apparently not so vicious, however, for Maxwell to relate the incident for the Auto Mag article. Auto Mag does, however, quote Maxwell giving crucial details notably missing from the Post piece: “’I'm a Democrat, so I won't vote for him,’ says Maxwell. 'But he'd probably make a pretty good President. He's very smart, very principled.’”
    After nearly 50 years, Stu White only heard of the Lauber incident a few weeks before the Post contacted him for his impressions of it. Yet “investigative journalist” Jason Horowitz does not ask the basic journalistic question of “who” told Stu White of the incident--and “why” suddenly now, after 50 years. Does WaPo just dismiss this as miraculous coincidence?
    Isn’t that perhaps the most crucial element to the Post story--the question of why Obama’s epic same-sex marriage announcement seemed to have been timed so precisely with someone tipping off Stu White after 50 years, and with the Post's publication of its gay-bullying hit piece on Romney? White's anonymous informant and the Post's piece seem hardly coincidental.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...obile-Magazine
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Oooh, conspiracies. Sounds like someone needs to buy some more tinfoil.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Sage View Post
    Oooh, conspiracies. Sounds like someone needs to buy some more tinfoil.
    My main point, is here at HM you can't quote someone's comments and alter it so it leaves out material parts implying the poster said something they really didn't. It looks like WaPo may have done just that. Understand now?
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

God of Huskermax

Call Kenny Loggins
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    I went through an Ancient Aliens phase
    Its all part of the process

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by uncertainbyprinciple View Post
    I went through an Ancient Aliens phase
    I bet it was EPIC.

Call Kenny Loggins
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    I bet it was EPIC.
    Its all part of the process

Blackshirt
    50 years ago and now it turns up? Come on Dems, is this what you have been reduced to? I'd say the left is redefining desperate but we have 6 months left.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    50 years ago and now it turns up? Come on Dems, is this what you have been reduced to? I'd say the left is redefining desperate but we have 6 months left.
    the Pubs ain't no different-They do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    the Pubs ain't no different-They do the same thing.
    The term "Swiftboat" comes to mind.

So, is this the Larry Sinclair for Romney?

Travel Squad

Now, if Romney had been the one who tackled and held down the kid, while I wouldn't condone it, it would at least provide me with a little bit of comfort that he is not the awkward, uncoordinated weenie he sometimes appears to be (just in case he gets elected -- I want him to be strong for the good of the country if he is elected). But alas, someone else had to do the heavy lifting, he just attacked a kid already restrained. Hope the issue dies soon, however, as it is irrelevant.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Now, if Romney had been the one who tackled and held down the kid, while I wouldn't condone it, it would at least provide me with a little bit of comfort that he is not the awkward, uncoordinated weenie he sometimes appears to be (just in case he gets elected -- I want him to be strong for the good of the country if he is elected). But alas, someone else had to do the heavy lifting, he just attacked a kid already restrained. Hope the issue dies soon, however, as it is irrelevant.
    I guess that would show that he is a leader and can get other people to do his bidding. So he's got that going for him....

Red Shirt
    STATEMENT FROM THE FAMILY

Betsy Lauber, one of John Lauber’s three sisters, spoke with ABC News Tuesday night regarding the accuracy of the story.“The family of John Lauber is releasing a statement saying the portrayal of John is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda. There will be no more comments from the family,” she said.

Yet, this is the headline:
    Bullying Story Sidetracks Romney's Campaign

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...0#.T61JEOhYvoQ

All Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post

Betsy Lauber, one of John Lauber’s three sisters, spoke with ABC News Tuesday night regarding the accuracy of the story.“The family of John Lauber is releasing a statement saying the portrayal of John is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda. There will be no more comments from the family,” she said.

That is just completely embarrassing to that reporter, who obviously should suffer some sever repercussions.

This Phillip Maxwell guy is the one who is going to end up looking the worst, next to the reporter.
    "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure."

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

All Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post

I don't typically buy into the whole media bias arguments thrown around, but ABC's video reporting of the incident is clearly slanted (e.g. something as simple as the picture of Romney they posted while playing a recording of his response).
    "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure."

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

Junior Varsity
    Dan Rather's Bush National Guard story, Calling Florida for Gore prematurely....oh wait, those were things that were actually proven to be false.

Yeah, if anyone doubts there is bias, whether intentional or not, this is pretty glaring.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    Yeah, if anyone doubts there is bias, whether intentional or not, this is pretty glaring.

This is right on SBH!

Damn it was high school folks, I think he farted once in Middle School but I'm waiting for the photo's & the second conformation to really print my tell all!

All Legend
    That's what I thought of too. Find a few partisans who seem credible because they actually knew the candidate long ago, and who are willing to come out at an orchestrated moment, possibly with slanted versions of the story. There are others who were present, who saw it differently, but the taint is there, nonetheless.
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014