Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its Friday Again....What did you listen to this week?

Smile Its Friday Again....What did you listen to this week?

Busy week again....not a ton of time to listen to music.....

Hear Ya Live Session Alabama Shakes 12/15/11...If you have yet to hear this emerging band you need too. You can download this session for free here:

http://www.hearya.com/2012/04/03/ala...e-session-100/

Hear Ya Live Session The Wilderness of Manitoba, Live Session # 91......are a chamber folk quintet from Toronto comprised of multi-instrumentalist and vocalists....awesome stuff...

Download Free here:

http://www.hearya.com/2011/08/18/the...ve-session-91/

Hear Ya Live Session The Dexateens – Live Session #51....been a fan of these guys for awhile so it was a treat to find this...

Download Free:

http://www.hearya.com/2009/07/28/the...ve-session-51/

Drive By Truckers 'Live From Austin Texas".....one of my favorite bands of the last decade.....

Kings X 'Gretchen Goes To Nebraska'.....oen of the GREAT albums from the late 80's....still arguably their best album....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Storm Corrosion is out... pretty haunting stuff

+1 for theremin

Older Opeth...

And some Pink Floyd

Also listened to the new Marilyn Manson, but it was pretty disappointing. The guy just doesn't write anything that matters when soccer moms the world over aren't freaking out over his antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    This is actually not half bad

Digging King's X as always.

Yeah the new Storm Corrison album is pretty awesome....thanks for sharing the video...

Yeah they are really talented....from the vocals to the music....discovered them in the Hear Ya web site....glad you like them....

My favorite new band...

Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    This is actually not half bad

Digging King's X as always.

Kings X are brilliant....Gretchen and XV are my favorite albums....

These guys are just so awesome....pops would dig these guys...

Yeah the new Storm Corrison album is pretty awesome....thanks for sharing the video...
    I guess everyone thought this was going to be a prog metal supergroup at first. Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth, Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree, Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater. Then Portnoy dropped out and it turned out the other two had something completely different in mind anyway. Sucks for Portnoy because he's such a killer drummer, but this is now the second album I've listened to (the most recent Dream Theater album being the other) where his absence might have resulted in a net positive.

Yeah they are really talented....from the vocals to the music....discovered them in the Hear Ya web site....glad you like them....

My favorite new band...
    I'll have to add that site to the list of things I check on a regular basis

Portney is an ego freak and a very self indulgent musician...then again so is Dream Theatre...

I like Opeth not PT so this was a big surprise...nothing proggy at all....great stuff....

I guess everyone thought this was going to be a prog metal supergroup at first. Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth, Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree, Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater. Then Portnoy dropped out and it turned out the other two had something completely different in mind anyway. Sucks for Portnoy because he's such a killer drummer, but this is now the second album I've listened to (the most recent Dream Theater album being the other) where his absence might have resulted in a net positive.

You should....lot of under the radar bands doing the sessions and they are all free to download....I discovered the site as I am a Mother Hips fan as you know and they did a session (#63)....

I'll have to add that site to the list of things I check on a regular basis

Portney is an ego freak and a very self indulgent musician...then again so is Dream Theatre...

I like Opeth not PT so this was a big surprise...nothing proggy at all....great stuff....
    You don't like Porcupine Tree? Sad day. The Sky Moves Sideways is a fantastic album.