Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NBA playoff thread

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Thunder outscored Spurs 59-36 in the second half. With help or not, that's a thrashing.
    Ouch. That I didnt see. I just got home and saw a close game and what I saw above. The last part of the 4th that I actually saw was not what I would call a fair fight.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Intellectual Patriot
    When Tim Duncan of all people say things like "there down the stretch if felt like they were getting every whistle" it says something. Timmay usually wouldnt say @#$% with a mouth full of it.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    I just watched the last 7 minutes of the Spurs Thunder game, and I gotta say that OKC got some serious home cooking down the stretch from the guys with the whistles. Just my observation. Ex: Ginobli dishes on a drive, Hardin runs into him and Ginobli is called for a foul negating a 3. This is the most glaring one that I saw. Spurs hitting the deck all over the place while/after shots, no calls. Yet Durant goes to the line 4 times on ticky tack stuff. Not saying that it is the reason for the loss, but it reminded me of the jobbing the Celtics got the other night. Disclaimer: I do not have a dog in this fight, neither team is one I root for.
    I disagree on that one..Ginobli moved into Hardin (moving screen) and even gave him a little extra umph with it

and just a sidenote: I absolutely hate it when a team moves to a new city, changes their entire name/colors and they still equate that teams history with the city they left. Case in point: Oklahoma City Thunder. On the news they are talking this is their first Finals appearance since 1996 when they were my beloved Sonics. I think when a team moves to another city and become a completely new team..that franchise is new...if Seattle gets a new team than they will become a new extension of the Sonic franchise

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by unmartin View Post
    and just a sidenote: I absolutely hate it when a team moves to a new city, changes their entire name/colors and they still equate that teams history with the city they left. Case in point: Oklahoma City Thunder. On the news they are talking this is their first Finals appearance since 1996 when they were my beloved Sonics. I think when a team moves to another city and become a completely new team..that franchise is new...if Seattle gets a new team than they will become a new extension of the Sonic franchise
    I believe the Thunder have agreed to give up all of the Seattle accolades if a new team was to move there (which I still see as a long shot anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Habitual Line Crosser
    I think the playoff officiating in BOTH series has been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Husker Fan

joey crawford needs to be removed from the officiating corps.

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by unmartin View Post
    I disagree on that one..Ginobli moved into Hardin (moving screen) and even gave him a little extra umph with it
    I could see where you would think that, but rest assured I am here to make sure you see it the right way. Hardin flopped. Ginobli had his arms up on his chest to take the blow of Hardin moving into him. Just my opinion. That is right. And what not.

I love fan mail.

Well now that my Spurs are out I guess I'll just have to try and enjoy the Finals anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    joey crawford needs to be removed from the officiating corps.
    Yes.