Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoff thread

My Spurs just completed their second straight sweep. We're now 29-2 in our last 31 games.

I want Celtics v Heat for Eastern Conference Finals. If I lose my wager wtih Poyer I win and if I win I REALLY win!

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Here's my thoughts thus far:

1. SA looks unbeatable, but they haven't run into anyone who can beat them yet. Does that make sense? Next round will be fun to watch.
    2. I like the anger in the LAL-OKC series. I think OKC is probably the most entertaining team to watch. That, and Durant is awesome. Pure awesomeness. Meta is a joke but makes for good drama. Wonder if he knows that WE ALL know he's full of s. And as I'm writing this he got hit with a flagrant and a T. Lol. The revamped "Lakers with Attitude" is working out well for them. It might be losing the first two games to OKC was the best thing for them. Having Westbrook take 5 minutes off per half doesn't help the Thunders' chances either. Seriously, watch him. He'll randomly decide to just run up and down the floor, pass a little bit, play some minimal token defense and commit a couple turnovers for 5 minutes. Why doesn't anyone comment on this?
    3. The Celtics can't keep this up.
    4. The Heat can keep this up. They will probably feed more and more off the negativity and I would think Pat Riley wants it that way. Nice story with the Pacers and all, and Indiana is also fun to watch, but the Heat have had enough. Fortunately, Bron and Wade can beat the Pacers on their own. Unfortunately, they can't beat the Western Conference champion without some serious contributions from their supporting cast. AND unfortunately, their supporting cast sucks ass. When did Battier turn into a corpse? Haslem needed a laceration above his eye to wake up and contribute. Miller and Jones, seriously? I actually like Chalmers when he shows up. Losing Bosh KILLED them. Pat Riley has been sleeping at the wheel for 2 years with these zombies and getting role players is the easiest part of his job.

Who can win the title? Not the Sixers, Pacers or Celtics.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

I will say that I cannot wait to watch Charles Barkley in San Antonio these next few days/weeks

Lakers done.

Now the Heat needs to flame out and be done.

Recruit
    Love seeing Kobe and the Lakers get destroyed. The Thunder-Spurs series winner should be the NBA Champs as they are clearly the two best teams in the league. Love my Pacers but if they lose tonight they are in deep trouble.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Husker View Post
    Love seeing Kobe and the Lakers get destroyed. The Thunder-Spurs series winner should be the NBA Champs as they are clearly the two best teams in the league. Love my Pacers but if they lose tonight they are in deep trouble.
    Same here. I do wonder, tho....what would the lakers have looked like with Chris Paul in the mix? No excuses...they got their rightful exit.

Guess I will pull for San Antonio and Indiana to make the finals since the Bulls are out of it.

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Watching the Sixers - Celtics series is downright depressing.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post
    Watching the Sixers - Celtics series is downright depressing.
    I'm actually pretty satisfied -- Sixers taking the Celts to game 7 -- I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    Looks like a 7-game series to me.
    Good call.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Monds Fan View Post
    Good call.

The Walking Red
    The Spurs are a damn good basketball team.

"I want some nasty!" -- Gregg Popovich

Quote Originally Posted by nems View Post
    The Spurs are a damn good basketball team.

"I want some nasty!" -- Gregg Popovich
    eh they'll lose a couple games...

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    eh they'll lose a couple games...
    Agreed.

4-1 vs. the Thunder and 4-1 vs. the Heat/Celtics = losing a couple of games.

Habitual Line Crosser
    Goooooooooooo heat!

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

boston is ON FIRE!

Husker Fan

I don't follow too close but I listen to sports talk radio quite a bit during the week. I always have to roll my eyes when I hear the talking heads talk about how such and such series is OVER everytime the home team goes 2-0....as if it's impossible for the other team to come back. Then low-and-behold the other team wins the next 2 games...tomorrow all the talk will be about how Miami (if they lose tonight) and S.A. "must win" game 5 and how they are on the ropes...blah blah blah.

Husker Immortal
    Both series are 2-2 and the NBA and TV have to be happy that each will go at least six games.
    "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." C. S. Lewis

Blackshirt
    Both series will go 7, and the home team will win the 7th games. Then, the Spurs and Heat will go 7, and the home team, Spurs will win the 7th game. No more road wins for any team in the rest of the remaining playoff games. you heard it here.
    Huskers Uber Alles