Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoff thread

NBA playoff thread

I didn't see one.

Go Spurs Go!!!

I just root for every series to go 4-0....whatever gets it off of tv quicker

Husker Fan
    Obviously, I enjoyed seeing the Sixers beat the Bulls. A shame Chicago lost Rose in game one (well, not really that much of a shame in my mind -- heheh). Chicago probably wins with him -- but lost without him. Though Philly did play the Bulls quite well during the regular season.

I really like this Sixers team. Doug Collins is a heckuva coach. No coach utilizes his bench as well as Collins (hell, the leading scorer for Philly comes off the bench -- Lou Williams). It's a pretty young, up-and-coming squad.

Boston is next. That's Philadelphia's #1 rival. While I don't expect the Sixers to win the series, I do think it will be highly entertaining.

Husker Immortal
    The Lakers have really screwed the pooch. Up 3-1, they have blown two opportunities to close it out. Now they go to Game 7 while Oklahoma City closed it out in 4 games and has been waiting over a week for an opponent.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

Scout Team
    Arlington, TX ... home of the Arlington Cowboys and Jerry's World!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    +1

I pretty much gave up on NBA years ago when it became the "look what I can do, street-ball" type of game. I miss the more team oriented games of days gone by.
    12/02/07

7/1/11

"To love another person is to see the face of God" Victor Hugo

I used to casually watch but once I moved to LA the Laker fans have completely turned me against the game....the Kobe adoration is disgusting.....great player, awful person.......but on the flip side I have become a huge Kings fan so at least I have that

Varsity
    Agreed. I don't even pay attention anymore.

HW, your Sixers are looking good. They almost took Game 1, and now they've evened the series up. You think they have a shot to get to the Eastern Conference Finals?

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Monds Fan View Post
    HW, your Sixers are looking good. They almost took Game 1, and now they've evened the series up. You think they have a shot to get to the Eastern Conference Finals?
    Looks like a 7-game series to me. They certainly could get there -- but I tend to favor experience over youth, and Boston has plenty of experience. But, maybe their old legs tire out. I think it would be absolutely awesome to see the Sixers in the Eastern Conference finals -- though the Heat would likely win the series with ease. Still, the future is bright in Philadelphia. And they really don't have a superstar -- but lots of very capable players and depth.

Heisman

big throwdown the Thunder put on da lakers last night...down right giddy!

Husker Fan

Amen to that. The NBA might be the most unwatchable sport on TV.

Habitual Line Crosser
    Go Heat!

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    Go Heat!
    Go Pacers! I deteste heat and lakers.

Heisman

I'd like to see Philly and Okie City do well.

Heisman

will someone please let me know if they can get closed captions on their TNT broadcasts??? I haven't been able to get any the last 2 days....I'm trying to figure if it's isolated or problems elsewhere also....TIA.

Heisman

nothing? gee thanks.

Heisman

nothing? you guys suck.

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    will someone please let me know if they can get closed captions on their TNT broadcasts??? I haven't been able to get any the last 2 days....I'm trying to figure if it's isolated or problems elsewhere also....TIA.
    I saw CC during the laker game last night so I know it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    nothing? you guys suck.

Listen up! Why does it always have to be everyone else sucking when you cant do a little homework?

Oh, and as far as the thread, I am so disappointed in the Lakers right now. It could so easily be 3-1 Lakers right now.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    Listen up! Why does it always have to be everyone else sucking when you cant do a little homework?

Oh, and as far as the thread, I am so disappointed in the Lakers right now. It could so easily be 3-1 Lakers right now.
    lakers suck.

I did ask around and it's an issue that was found elsewhere also-no thanks to this thread.