Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Huskers offer Dual-Threat QB Anthony Jennings: Update bumped to a 4-star

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    You've got to be kidding. You see us fail repeatedly on guys our staff say they want, then when we move to another target lower down our list, you guys try to make it out like the guy lowest on the list is really the one we wanted all along. It's a comedy of rationalization. Keep hope alive, I guess. Why don't you guys just admit that we've missed on a lot of guys we really wanted, but since we are determined to take a QB or 2, we'll settle for the best we can get. Hopefully, that player(s) will be a good one, even though we (our coaches) valued others more highly. Your inability to admit this clear-cut reality gets old....
    Agree with you here. But that is pretty much how recruiting works. Only a few elite programs get the guys at the top of their lists consistently. We are not one of those programs right now.

And I'll counter and add that not all of the QBs out there have been properly evaluated yet....Stanton is a prime example...so to say we will take the best we can get is based on what? Every team will take the best QB they can get...that only makes sense...and honestly as I said there are some really good QBs still out there....some under rated, some under the radar and frankly not all of the kids who have committed are as good as the star rankings make them out to be..and we all know that....

Bottom line is we have to let it playout and not come to any premature evulations....heck Prince Amukamura was only a 3-star and look how that turned out...

Quote Originally Posted by Brew City Husker View Post
    Agree with you here. But that is pretty much how recruiting works. Only a few elite programs get the guys at the top of their lists consistently. We are not one of those programs right now.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    And I'll counter and add that not all of the QBs out there have been properly evaluated yet....Stanton is a prime example...so to say we will take the best we can get is based on what? Every team will take the best QB they can get...that only makes sense...and honestly as I said there are some really good QBs still out there....some under rated, some under the radar and frankly not all of the kids who have committed are as good as the star rankings make them out to be..and we all know that....

Bottom line is we have to let it playout and not come to any premature evulations....heck Prince Amukamura was only a 3-star and look how that turned out...
    That's why I said it...because it makes sense.

Our guys are out there working to get the best quarterback possible. You have to go after QBs early because the pool shrinks (QBs often commit early) as time goes on. You make your evaluations. You offer the guys who you've evaluated to be the best QB who is the best fit and if it works out, you get one to commit early. If it doesn't, you keep working. That's what our staff is doing. I don't have a problem with it.

Fair enough...then we agree....

That's why I said it...because it makes sense.

Our guys are out there working to get the best quarterback possible. You have to go after QBs early because the pool shrinks (QBs often commit early) as time goes on. You make your evaluations. You offer the guys who you've evaluated to be the best QB who is the best fit and if it works out, you get one to commit early. If it doesn't, you keep working. That's what our staff is doing. I don't have a problem with it.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Fair enough...then we agree....
    Thought so.

Blackshirt
    Nailed it.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by internet tg View Post
    At the risk of getting shunned after my first ever post, I'd like to say that I actually agree with GFoA's last post, and many of his previous posts. While I don't agree we're scrambling, and am really not worried about finding a quality QB recruit, it is a fact that we've missed on our top targets(as of now and assuming no decommits). I also admit that I lack some perspective on past QB recruiting experiences. I have no clue where on our list TA was last year, but I do know that the averages would say your top option has a better chance of succeeding than options down the list. BC's QB recruiting(Harrison Beck vs. Joe Ganz) would prove the opposite, but I believe in general the averages still hold true. I think the biggest point made in this argument that I've been following was made by N2FL, when he said "scrambling" is just a point of view and there really aren't too many facts at this point.

I'd also like to say that I appreciate everyone's info on this board and that's why I finally decided to help the cause. However, this argument pushed me over the edge towards joining because it was really good reading, and hopefully we can have some more good-natured arguments going forward. You have to admit that it makes this a bit more fun when we all don't agree.
    Welcome. You are a brave man (I assume you are a man).

Heisman
    That, and guys further down our list aren't necessarily chopped liver.
    Good friends, you take to the movies. Great teammates, you take to battle.
    Mr. Afro Thunder 80

Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    That, and guys further down our list aren't necessarily chopped liver.

Nailed it.
    The following comments are made knowing that SOME have beat the notion to death and often made comments about firing the coaching staff, and you know who you are. But, when it comes down to it,
    I Love You Guys Man.

But, if NU doesn't get their first qb choice, what do you propose be done? I suppose everyone could get their blankees, go to a corner, and suck their thumbs?

Oh, yeah, I forgot. If the "chosen" quarterback goes to somebody else, then FIRE THE COACH, AND OFF WITH THEIR HEADS.

Please, let's get real folks. One SURE way that nu WON'T be one of those programs who just "chooses their qb and he will come", is to keep changing coaching staffs.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by RedEd View Post
    So, what do you propose be done? I suppose everyone could get their blankees, go to a corner, and suck their thumbs?

Oh, yeah, I forgot. If the "chosen" quarterback goes to somebody else, then FIRE THE COACH, AND OFF WITH THEIR HEADS.

Please, let's get real folks. One sure way that nu WON'T be one of those programs who just "chooses their qb and he will come", is to keep changing coaching staffs.
    LOL. I haven't even complained about it. They are doing exactly what they should be doing...scrambling to get the best QB they can.

I do find it quite promising though, that so many of you have firing Pelini on your mind. That just might hasten things, if he were to have a disappointing season soon.

LOL. I haven't even complained about it. They are doing exactly what they should be doing...scrambling to get the best QB they can.

I do find it quite promising though, that so many of you have firing Pelini on your mind. That just might hasten things, if he were to have a disappointing season soon.
    Lol. Some people, apparently, have short memories and can forget things that happened 8 month's, or so, ago. Hope that's not a sign of Alsheimer's. Truth is relative, so I have observed.