Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huskers offer Dual-Threat QB Anthony Jennings: Update bumped to a 4-star

Hybrid View

Exclamation Huskers offer Dual-Threat QB Anthony Jennings: Update bumped to a 4-star

This one came out of the blue the past few days....he has made some waves of late and has a decent offer list....would assume Coach Joesph is in on this one....

To early to say if we will even be in this sweepstakes....I would think it will be hard to pull a talent like this out of the South with some of the
    offers he has, but the staff is reaching high and why not....you never know we might just land him....

Had a knee injury last season:

"Anthony tore cartilage in his knee in our very first game," said Marietta coach Scott Burton. "He played with that injury for the entire season. I think that says a lot about this kid."

Funny thing is, the injury might have actually helped Jennings.
    "It was a blessing in disguise," Jennings said. "I had to be more prepared. I had to be smarter out there. It helped me be more of a true QB. I had to get better at reading defenses and getting in the film room. I really think the injury helped my development."

Jennings competed 60 percent of his passes (165 of 273) for 2,187 yards and 19 TDs and only 4 INTs. He also rushed for 464 yards and 8 TDs in leading Marietta to a 5-5 season. All on a bum knee.
    Really worth a read:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...-better-injury

Marietta Georgia
    Marietta High School

Ht:6'2"
    Wt:202 lbs
    40:4.52 secs
    Bench Reps:12
    Shuttle:4.62
    Vertical:31 inches
    GPA:3.1
    Class:2013 (High School)
    Offers: 17 offers including: Alabama, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, North Carolina, Va Tech, West Virgina
    ESPN: 4-star, Rivals: 3-star, Scout: 3-star, 247: 3-star
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Nearly 100 signal-callers showed up at Buford High School on Friday night for the Atlanta Elite 11 regional. But only one earned an invitation to the prestigious Elite 11 finals in California this July.

"Eighty-six quarterbacks were here from 19 states and 21 with D-I scholarship offers," Elite 11 coach (and ESPN analyst) Trent Dilfer told the group. "Everyone here impressed the coaches. This group was even more impressive than the one in Dallas a few weeks ago. It's a bottom-line business, and there is only gonna be one from this group. The MVP of the Atlanta regional and the bid to the Elite 11 goes to Anthony Jennings."
    http://espn.go.com/high-school/footb...-finals-invite

Very impressive on film with a big and accurate arm.....not much running with the bum knee....

This young man is a solid target. Notwithstanding all of his statistics and game film, his prespective regarding the injury being a 'blessing in disguise' speaks to a decent maturity level as well. Someone is going to get a very nice package in Jennings. Hopefully it will be us.

Red Shirt
    His throwing seems effortless and accurate. Even with a bum leg he moves well in the pocket and space. Would love to see him "N" with 2 good legs.

Had suregery in Feb and said he is almost 100%....

Red Shirt
    Bama offer is telling.

He does not really fit their offense...

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    Bama offer is telling.

Recruit

If we can land him it will open some very good doors in the state of Georgia.

Travel Squad
    Would love to see him at NU.

Scout Team
    IMPO Anthony Jennings is every bit the QB target as Aaron Bailey and Malik Zaire were. Gonna be a tough get, but if he were to become the Huskers QB recruit for the '13 class, he would NOT be a fallback option. He is every bit the prospect as the other two bigfish Nebraska missed out on. Would fit the offense to a 'T' as well. Good luck with this guy Husker fans....would be a great pickup.

Junior Varsity
    He won the Elite 11 in Atlanta -- televised by ESPN. Yes TELEVISED on College Gameday.

Further evidence that ESPN is ruining CFB.
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

We are recrutiing him hard....

They run that spread option style and I like that,” Jennings told Huskers Illustrated. “That’s what I run in high school right now, so I feel like it wouldn’t take me that long to make the full transition. I also really like coach Beck and he seems like a real nice dude. That’s the little I know about Nebraska.”
    Jennings’ highlight tape is better than Aaron Bailey’s, if you’re looking for a thrower.
    http://sports.omaha.com/2012/05/09/r...er-atlanta-qb/

Good news...

Keith Niebuhr@KeithRIVALSQB Anthony Jennings of Marietta (Ga.) tells me he plans to check out #UNC #Alabama & #Nebraska this summer

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Good news...

Keith Niebuhr@KeithRIVALSQB Anthony Jennings of Marietta (Ga.) tells me he plans to check out #UNC #Alabama & #Nebraska this summer
    Looks like our chances may have risen for him as Alabama just received an oral commitment from a QB today. In the article it states Alabama has been waiting 2 classes to get their "blue chip" qb recruit.

Love recruiting, when other schools getting commitments instill hope....

Yeah a kid out of Utah of all places... I read the Trib everyday as we lived their for 7 years.....

Go figure and yeah I tend to agree with you....

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/tribpre...rback.html.csp

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    Looks like our chances may have risen for him as Alabama just received an oral commitment from a QB today. In the article it states Alabama has been waiting 2 classes to get their "blue chip" qb recruit.

Love recruiting, when other schools getting commitments instill hope....

Red Shirt
    I like it!!! If you build it they will come.

Scout Team
    We will get a good QB once they start seeing how Becks O starts coming around this year. I think we will make a nice Offense jump in year two.

Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    We will get a good QB once they start seeing how Becks O starts coming around this year. I think we will make a nice Offense jump in year two.
    You know I think that is a great point. The other areas that are typically emphasized to recruits (i.e. facilities, academics, cutting edge technology, etc.) are obviously critical to helping these young men make the right decisions. But so the development of TB's offense. As our offense becomes more efficient and effective (potent), it will help Jennings and other offense-skilled players to visualize themselves contributing to the overarching team goal of national championship(s).

LSU just got their 2013 QB so our chances are actually looking quite a bit better on his recruitment...still will br tough to get a kid out of GA though....but it can be done (i.e. Dennard)....

As i have been saying in other threads I thought and think this young man is a better prospect than those few that passed on a Nebraska scholarship....looks like at least Rivals thinks he is equal with a bump to a 4-star rating....we are doing fine with QB recruiting....it has to playout....that is the beauty and angst of recruiting....its a long haul folks...not something that is decided by the last day of May...

Anyway Congrads to Anthony....