Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Good News Gov Walker gets more votes than Democrats combined

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...l-primary.html

"Tuesday was a bad night for the labor movement. In Wisconsin, with only token opposition, incumbent Gov. Scott Walker got 97 percent of the vote in the Republican primary, and almost as many votes were cast for him than in the entire Democratic primary combined. This is a bad sign for Democrats. The percentage of the vote Walker received seemed more appropriate for Mugabe than the former county executive of Milwaukee."

SOrry Dems, looks like Walker might be sticking around.
    Psssttt... Oga?? This was already posted more than a day ago, and already has 72 replies in that thread.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Psssttt... Oga?? This was already posted more than a day ago, and already has 72 replies in that thread.

OOOOPS! My bad. Mods can delete. Just thought I would run some noses in it!
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    OOOOPS! My bad. Mods can delete. Just thought I would run some noses in it!
    Great example of what is wrong with the BBS.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    That he said it while many others just do it without saying they're doing it?

Heisman

To comment further, Mort, I'd be willing to bet that well over half of the threads in the cafe are started with a post "intended to rub the other side's nose in it." And I'm not pointing that at one side or the other, both are equally guilty.

Blackshirt
    Oh come on, really!?!? Tito, hand him a tissue.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    To comment further, Mort, I'd be willing to bet that well over half of the threads in the cafe are started with a post "intended to rub the other side's nose in it." And I'm not pointing that at one side or the other, both are equally guilty.
    He also laments about others not offering constructive replies and then comes up with this beauty, his only post in the thread, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Travel Squad
    What is the point here, then, if not to constructively engage one-another? Just a platform to preach your beliefs?
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

What is the point here, then, if not to constructively engage one-another? Just a platform to preach your beliefs?
    When was the last time you changed your stance on here, or took a stance that wasn't predictably liberal?

Most, or many, on here are pretty staunchly to one side our the other, politically. Honestly, where do you think you fall?

Oga and I don't always agree....but he is a good guy with a good heart that was having some fun....nothing wrong with that.....

Being serious all the time can make folks testy and the atmosphere no fun....

So I have to disagree with you....notice the winky after what he wrote....nice bit of humor if you ask me.....

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Yeah some folks are staunch in where they stand, but there are many more that have open minds and I think learn a thing or two on here that makes them give what they have read or listened to a serious thought....

I think you need to get to know the folks and who they are and what their humor and beliefs are....you might be surprised who is open minded enough to have a discussion with you if you engage them the right way....sometimes the best way to approach it is with some humor or other things you have in common....

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season