Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebraskans, don’t cower before the “enlightened”. They are not your betters

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    You should learn the difference between gender and sexuality and for bonus points sexual identity. Period. Ron Brown is not discriminating because he can't. But he is advocating discrimination. He is saying discrimination is not only ok but that it should be protected. Which is wrong.

Just like those uppity negroes and women did. I mean the constitution already says ALL men are created equal right. I mean, hell, we didn't even have to include women....but we did.

In short....no they're not. Yes some are. You being one of them.
    Yes!
    "Welcome to the night train." - Hunter S. Thompson

Scout Team
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

There is No Place Like Nebraska.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    It would be funny if anyone here were actually calling for what Ron Brown is saying to be outlawed. But no one is.

God of Huskermax

It would be funny if anyone here were actually calling for what Ron Brown is saying to be outlawed. But no one is.
    I think it's still pretty funny. And for the record, while no one is calling for that on this board I personally know several people who think that "hate speech" (loosely defined as anything they don't agree with) shouldn't be protected by the 1st amendment and should be made illegal. And I'd just like to note that a couple of them look/dress just like the girl in the picture. Maybe that's why I find it funny.

Prop 48
    What amazes me is how such seemingly intelligent people lose their ability to to discern the difference between judging a person and judging their action, between freely opposing a symbolic jester and voicing hate mongering rhetoric.
    RB hasn't told anybody what to do, he has just asked that we consider our actions before doing something.
    Please listen to the message before casting it aside or labeling it unfairly base upon a preconceived opinion that you may have.
    This is why I support Bo and the University of Nebraska

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Either we all just shut up and never talk about anything controversial, or we all learn to respect each person's First Amendment rights. You might vehemently hate what comes out of Ron Brown's mouth, but that doesn't give you any right to stop him from saying it.
    What does any of this have to do with First Amendment Rights? Is someone calling for Ron Brown to be criminally charged for his remarks?
    ~Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.~
    J. Lebowski

You know I haven't really been following this whole Ron Brown thing very closely, what exactly was he voicing his opinion against? I know it has something to do with gay people and jobs, but I'm not aware of the specifics.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Monds Fan View Post
    I think it's still pretty funny. And for the record, while no one is calling for that on this board I personally know several people who think that "hate speech" (loosely defined as anything they don't agree with) shouldn't be protected by the 1st amendment and should be made illegal. And I'd just like to note that a couple of them look/dress just like the girl in the picture. Maybe that's why I find it funny.
    Maybe you need new friends.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by AKIDAD View Post
    What amazes me is how such seemingly intelligent people lose their ability to to discern the difference between judging a person and judging their action, between freely opposing a symbolic jester and voicing hate mongering rhetoric.
    RB hasn't told anybody what to do, he has just asked that we consider our actions before doing something.
    Please listen to the message before casting it aside or labeling it unfairly base upon a preconceived opinion that you may have.
    I agree, I don't understand why Christians get so upset when you tell them they believe stupid made up stuff. It's not like I'm calling THEM stupid or made up. I just happen to think their whole religion is a joke and their beliefs and lifestyle surrounding those beliefs to be moronic. But inevitably most of them get upset about that kind of thing and I, for the life of me, can't figure out why.......

I love Christians, but I hate their religion. See how awesomely tolerant that is of me.

Maybe you need new friends.
    I didn't say they were my friends, just people I know from classes.

I love Christians, but I hate their religion. See how awesomely tolerant that is of me.
    Thank you for your tolerance of us.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Monds Fan View Post
    Thank you for your tolerance of us.
    Very magnanimous of me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    there's almost a double standard here in terms of threads.
    A. It is the only RB thread on the first page.

B. It was the poster's very first post. By the way, welcome to HuskerMax!
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Very magnanimous of me, I know.

It's understanding that makes it possible for people like me to tolerate a person such as yourself.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II