Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Great start to the 2013 class

Smile Great start to the 2013 class

This quote pretty much says it all and we have one silent commit to add to the class thus seven in the fold already...as I recall Bo wanted 8-10 guys onboard by opening weekend...looks like will meet that goal and with some luck perhaps pass it....

It's still several months until signing day, but the Huskers are off to a fine start with all six verbally committed players receiving a four-star rating from at least one of the major recruiting services. This class could go down as the best under Bo Pelini.

http://bigrednetwork.com/story/huske...ve_end_commit/
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Bottom line is we are doing very well thank you very much and have met some real needs such as DE in the process...

Husker Immortal
    keep it up, Bo.

Scout Team
    So then, what part of this can be directly attributed to changing conferences? (if any) There was speculation that switching conferences would hurt recruiting. I couldn't say either way back then. I am guessing that changing conferences really opened up the NU brand to more areas, so it looks like it may be helping more than hurting as of right now. I still think we will need to schedule a game fairly often in Texas and California to maintain a presence there.

Agree, best start under Bo.
    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
    Samuel Adams

Specualtion by who?

Being on TV every week and better exposure in the Big Ten was and is a no-brainer in my opinion...

We are doing fine in Texas and CA.....BTN etc. will only help....

Quote Originally Posted by gypsyhusker View Post
    So then, what part of this can be directly attributed to changing conferences? (if any) There was speculation that switching conferences would hurt recruiting. I couldn't say either way back then. I am guessing that changing conferences really opened up the NU brand to more areas, so it looks like it may be helping more than hurting as of right now. I still think we will need to schedule a game fairly often in Texas and California to maintain a presence there.

Agree, best start under Bo.

Scout Team
    I recall reading articles that moving to the B1G would hurt recruiting in Texas for example. You didn't run across any of those?
    Regardless, as of now you are correct there really hasn't been an issue. Futhermore, the BTN coverage has been fantastic for NU. (Not to happy about the Northwestern replays, but you have to accept the bad with the good)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Specualtion by who?

Being on TV every week and better exposure in the Big Ten was and is a no-brainer in my opinion...

We are doing fine in Texas and CA.....BTN etc. will only help....
    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
    Samuel Adams

Sure people were in meltdown over Texas and honestly they based that view on nothing concrete other than fear of the unknown.....which is understandable I suppose.....we are still getting kids out of their....our most recent commit comes to mind.....

The best thing about the Big Ten is the exposure....the Big 12 can't touch it....and that has been huge for Nebraska...and I think Ohio has opened up for us as far as recruiting goes....always year in and year out in the Top 5 states for D-1 commits....

BTN and the increased ESPN/ABC coverage has been a HUGE boon for us....

Quote Originally Posted by gypsyhusker View Post
    I recall reading articles that moving to the B1G would hurt recruiting in Texas for example. You didn't run across any of those?
    Regardless, as of now you are correct there really hasn't been an issue. Futhermore, the BTN coverage has been fantastic for NU. (Not to happy about the Northwestern replays, but you have to accept the bad with the good)