Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Pinnacle Bank Arena Construction process

Cake or Death?

Pinnacle Bank Arena Construction process

For those interested in how they are constructing the arena, I found a pretty cool article located here.

According to Erleen Hatfield, partner-in-charge of the project for Buro Happold, who provided structural engineering services for the arena, the architects (DLR Group) designed the arena in such a way that the majority of its construction could take place simultaneously with the removal of the tracks. Unused tracks in the center of the site were the first to be removed, which meant that this portion of the land was free for construction well in advance of the outer area. “So the arena became a bit of a hybrid,” says Hatfield. “In the center, it is concrete. But its outer structure is made of steel, and steel was chosen because it is faster to erect.” Steel members will be prefabricated off-site and will arrive ready to assemble once the edges of the site are cleared. “The minute the tracks are gone, the pile machine will come in and start work,” says Hatfield. By allowing the site constraints to determine the building’s layout and material choices, the project should proceed on schedule for its anticipated 2013 completion.
    And a nice rendering of the arena:

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

Cake or Death?
    Anyone else wish they would have stuck with a more fieldhouse conept?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

5-Time National Champion
    Nice info about the construction. Not sure that I'd agree with a Fieldhouse design over what they're currently building. I rather enjoy the "sleek, stylish" look to it. If they were remodeling an old Fieldhouse, I'd be all for keeping it that way. But a from-scratch, brand new building I think I'd rather enjoy as modern as possible.

Starter
    I loved the field house look as the new look does not blend with the Haymarket

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Scout Team
    I think it looks good but a blend of both may have looked better.

Starter
    To resurect an old thread.. saw this today. From Family Guy

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY