Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Su'a Cravens to vist in the next 2-3 weeks

Everyone thought Bailey was Nebraska bound....even the recruiting services were shocked by that one...even his HS coach was surprised by his choice...location I suspect was the reason in the end......as it will be Cravens...

This is a 5-star kid in Southern California....chances of him leaving here are very slim.....USC does not lose these guys....sort of like kids like Banderas don't leave Nebraska rarely if ever....

We got lucky (pardon the pun) on Marlon Lucky a 5-star because 'SC did not show interest until late....they are all over Cravens....

Quote Originally Posted by O'Husker View Post
    RR, just curious: If you were to put a percentage point on how sure you are that he's going to USC, how does that number compare to how sure you WERE that we were getting the high school QB who just committed to Illinois last week? Sometimes these things kind of even out... doncha know!
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Oh and throw in Michigan the other school he will visit...Brady Hoke has been recruiting him since he was the head coach at San Diego State so he has built a solid realtionship with him.....if anything Michigan has more of a chance at him then we do....

Yes we have his close friend Whittaker and his cousin Mathis has us as his leader for now....and that got us in the door....but Mathis is also interested in Michigan too and they are in his top 2 with Nebraska....just sayin.....

I'd love to land Cravens he is a stud....but I'm trying to be realistic....

Red Shirt
    I understand it's an uphill battle but getting him or in any recruit for that matter in for visit is a start. You can only hope the players, staff, facilities, academics, community etc... is something that appeals to him and he wants to spend the next 4-5 years here.

Don't disagree with that....

Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    I understand it's an uphill battle but getting him or in any recruit for that matter in for visit is a start. You can only hope the players, staff, facilities, academics, community etc... is something that appeals to him and he wants to spend the next 4-5 years here.

Junior Varsity

And to make matters worse, the 15 scholarship limit for USC actually helps them land these kids for so many reasons...

Yup doesn't give them much tiem to decide if they want in at USC....take it now or its gone....

FWIW 'SC has two 5-stars and three 4-stars onboard already with ten spots open....

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    And to make matters worse, the 15 scholarship limit for USC actually helps them land these kids for so many reasons...

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    This may be a "courtesy visit"...but I guarantee you he will leave with A LOT to think about. The coaches will show him the depth chart, show him our defensive scheme (if you are a secondary player and want to go to the league, there truly is no better place), not to mention our facilities, tradition, etc...

I have to believe his coaches, as well as Mathis are in his ear about this place. Coaches are sure giving it a sporting try....
    Probably about as much as Cravens is in Mathis' ear about USC, Michigan and Washinton. Along with Nebraska, these are the four teams who seem to have the best shot at both Mathis AND Cravens.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Probably about as much as Cravens is in Mathis' ear about USC, Michigan and Washinton. Along with Nebraska, these are the four teams who seem to have the best shot at both Mathis AND Cravens.
    I hope our recruiters are better than the other guys! I know our product to sell is.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Red Shirt
    I know our recruiters are more honest and ethical than the guys from those other three teams. Sadly, that does not always equate to success on the recruiting trail.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    I hope our recruiters are better than the other guys! I know our product to sell is.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    I know our recruiters are more honest and ethical than the guys from those other three teams. Sadly, that does not always equate to success on the recruiting trail.
    I know USC has a reputation because of Kiffin and the sanctions, but what has Washington and Michigan done to be put in the same catagory? The Huskies and Woverines are just as 'honest and ethical' as Nebraska, if thats how you want to put it.

I agree on that....

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    I know USC has a reputation because of Kiffin and the sanctions, but what has Washington and Michigan done to be put in the same catagory? The Huskies and Woverines are just as 'honest and ethical' as Nebraska, if thats how you want to put it.

Orange County Register thinks he might be USC bound....me too....

http://usc.ocregister.com/2012/05/16...tinues/107871/

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Orange County Register thinks he might be USC bound....me too....

http://usc.ocregister.com/2012/05/16...tinues/107871/
    That article turns my stomach... They sound like honolulu weather forcasters patting themselves on the back saying "wow we were so spot on with our weather predictions this year! - 88 degree highs with tradewinds.." Yea you should get weather forecaster of the year! Puhlease... Kiffin a great recruiter... good lord people, who couldnt recruit at USC! Yea Mack Brown and Kiffin , boy theyd tear it up in Lincoln or Boise or Madison or Iowa city...... They are shooting fish in a barrel!!

What they don't tell you is having only 15 slots for the next three years is going to kill their depth....they can land all the 4 and 5 stars they want because 5-7 of those kids will play little or at all for them and the 10 skollies they lose is going to hurt....

That article turns my stomach... They sound like honolulu weather forcasters patting themselves on the back saying "wow we were so spot on with our weather predictions this year! - 88 degree highs with tradewinds.." Yea you should get weather forecaster of the year! Puhlease... Kiffin a great recruiter... good lord people, who couldnt recruit at USC! Yea Mack Brown and Kiffin , boy theyd tear it up in Lincoln or Boise or Madison or Iowa city...... They are shooting fish in a barrel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    What they don't tell you is having only 15 slots for the next three years is going to kill their depth....they can land all the 4 and 5 stars they want because 5-7 of those kids will play little or at all for them and the 10 skollies they lose is going to hurt....
    Very true RR, and I guess that is the silver lining. They wont have the depth to win a MNC, but they will sell the heck out of being an NFL minor league team in the hotbed of southern California. Sadly, that is what most of your 4 and 5 stars kids are looking at. I just get a burr in my sadle when they say Mack and Kiff are "great recruiters". I wouldn't want to trade places with those two in a million years. I love and respect the way our coaches really REALLY bust their tails to recruit. Makes you damn proud how hard they work.

Scout Team
    I'd say Mack and Kiffin are great recruiters who have trouble coaching their way out of a wet paper bag.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktril View Post
    I'd say Mack and Kiffin are great recruiters who have trouble coaching their way out of a wet paper bag.
    Struggle seeing how someone can say that definitively about Kiffin right now.

Red Shirt
    I vomited in my mouth just a bit as well. USC has such a huge talent pool to choose from within a few hundred mile area. Population of So. California is comparable to Ne, Ks, Wy, Ia, SD, Co and Mo. put together!!!!

And by 5-7 I menat every year they are on probation....

It will catch up with them....as its supposed to do....

Very true RR, and I guess that is the silver lining. They wont have the depth to win a MNC, but they will sell the heck out of being an NFL minor league team in the hotbed of southern California. Sadly, that is what most of your 4 and 5 stars kids are looking at. I just get a burr in my sadle when they say Mack and Kiff are "great recruiters". I wouldn't want to trade places with those two in a million years. I love and respect the way our coaches really REALLY bust their tails to recruit. Makes you damn proud how hard they work.

Kiffin is a good coach unlike Brown....

Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Struggle seeing how someone can say that definitively about Kiffin right now.