Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 75

Thread: Su'a Cravens to vist in the next 2-3 weeks

  1. #16
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,613
    This may be a "courtesy visit"...but I guarantee you he will leave with A LOT to think about. The coaches will show him the depth chart, show him our defensive scheme (if you are a secondary player and want to go to the league, there truly is no better place), not to mention our facilities, tradition, etc...

    I have to believe his coaches, as well as Mathis are in his ear about this place. Coaches are sure giving it a sporting try....

  2. #17
    Junior Varsity
    gypsyhusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Redondo Beach.
    Posts
    5,254
    If mom wants him to leave the "mean streets" of south central, (USC is smak in the middle) we have a chance.


    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    The only thought I ever have about his decision:

    He's announcing on his mother's birthday. Would you, on your mother's birthday, announce that you were going to leave her and go halfway across the country? I wouldn't. Not on that date.
    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
    Samuel Adams

  3. #18
    Guest

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hutchinson, KS
    Posts
    22
    Marlon Lucky's mom wanted him to get out of California and go to Lincoln. You never know if Cravens' mom wants him to go to Lincoln then it wouldn't be an issue. Bo seems to have a good rap with parents and I'm sure his high school coaches only have good things to say about Bo and staff to the mom. You never know.

    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyhusker View Post
    If mom wants him to leave the "mean streets" of south central, (USC is smak in the middle) we have a chance.

  4. #19
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    112,472
    Cravens lives in Marietta CA which is 100 miles or so away from LA and is a really nice town....been there many times...we love it their.....so that part is not a player...and yes USC is in a bad part of LA....but that has not stopped kids from going there...

    Like I said I hope I'm wrong....but he is USC bound...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  5. #20
    Guest

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Loveland, CO
    Posts
    749
    RR, just curious: If you were to put a percentage point on how sure you are that he's going to USC, how does that number compare to how sure you WERE that we were getting the high school QB who just committed to Illinois last week? Sometimes these things kind of even out... doncha know!

  6. #21
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    112,472
    Everyone thought Bailey was Nebraska bound....even the recruiting services were shocked by that one...even his HS coach was surprised by his choice...location I suspect was the reason in the end......as it will be Cravens...

    This is a 5-star kid in Southern California....chances of him leaving here are very slim.....USC does not lose these guys....sort of like kids like Banderas don't leave Nebraska rarely if ever....

    We got lucky (pardon the pun) on Marlon Lucky a 5-star because 'SC did not show interest until late....they are all over Cravens....





    Quote Originally Posted by O'Husker View Post
    RR, just curious: If you were to put a percentage point on how sure you are that he's going to USC, how does that number compare to how sure you WERE that we were getting the high school QB who just committed to Illinois last week? Sometimes these things kind of even out... doncha know!
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  7. #22
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    112,472
    Oh and throw in Michigan the other school he will visit...Brady Hoke has been recruiting him since he was the head coach at San Diego State so he has built a solid realtionship with him.....if anything Michigan has more of a chance at him then we do....

    Yes we have his close friend Whittaker and his cousin Mathis has us as his leader for now....and that got us in the door....but Mathis is also interested in Michigan too and they are in his top 2 with Nebraska....just sayin.....

    I'd love to land Cravens he is a stud....but I'm trying to be realistic....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  8. #23
    Red Shirt
    gutterputt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Island, Ne
    Posts
    1,551
    I understand it's an uphill battle but getting him or in any recruit for that matter in for visit is a start. You can only hope the players, staff, facilities, academics, community etc... is something that appeals to him and he wants to spend the next 4-5 years here.

  9. #24
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    112,472
    Don't disagree with that....

    Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    I understand it's an uphill battle but getting him or in any recruit for that matter in for visit is a start. You can only hope the players, staff, facilities, academics, community etc... is something that appeals to him and he wants to spend the next 4-5 years here.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  10. #25
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,613
    And to make matters worse, the 15 scholarship limit for USC actually helps them land these kids for so many reasons...

  11. #26
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    112,472
    Yup doesn't give them much tiem to decide if they want in at USC....take it now or its gone....

    FWIW 'SC has two 5-stars and three 4-stars onboard already with ten spots open....

    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    And to make matters worse, the 15 scholarship limit for USC actually helps them land these kids for so many reasons...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  12. #27
    Scout Team
    N2FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    This may be a "courtesy visit"...but I guarantee you he will leave with A LOT to think about. The coaches will show him the depth chart, show him our defensive scheme (if you are a secondary player and want to go to the league, there truly is no better place), not to mention our facilities, tradition, etc...

    I have to believe his coaches, as well as Mathis are in his ear about this place. Coaches are sure giving it a sporting try....
    Probably about as much as Cravens is in Mathis' ear about USC, Michigan and Washinton. Along with Nebraska, these are the four teams who seem to have the best shot at both Mathis AND Cravens.

  13. #28
    Blackshirt
    BuffSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Down The Road
    Posts
    15,918
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Probably about as much as Cravens is in Mathis' ear about USC, Michigan and Washinton. Along with Nebraska, these are the four teams who seem to have the best shot at both Mathis AND Cravens.
    I hope our recruiters are better than the other guys! I know our product to sell is.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

  14. #29
    Red Shirt
    Blue Howl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep in the primeval North Woods
    Posts
    2,057
    I know our recruiters are more honest and ethical than the guys from those other three teams. Sadly, that does not always equate to success on the recruiting trail.

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    I hope our recruiters are better than the other guys! I know our product to sell is.

  15. #30
    Scout Team
    N2FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    I know our recruiters are more honest and ethical than the guys from those other three teams. Sadly, that does not always equate to success on the recruiting trail.
    I know USC has a reputation because of Kiffin and the sanctions, but what has Washington and Michigan done to be put in the same catagory? The Huskies and Woverines are just as 'honest and ethical' as Nebraska, if thats how you want to put it.





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •