Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Su'a Cravens to vist in the next 2-3 weeks

Why is it a given that USC cheated?

No one said that...

$$ are what it cost to fly on his own or drive to Michigan and Nebraska...lot of families can't afford that especially if he already knows where he is going to go....not worth the expense...

Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Why is it a given that USC cheated?
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    No one said that...

$$ are what it cost to fly on his own or drive to Michigan and Nebraska...lot of families can't afford that especially if he already knows where he is going to go....not worth the expense...
    If that's what you mean....I'd agree entirely.

There's a good number of the online Husker Nation that is convincing themselves that USC cheated with Cravens to justify why we aren't going to get him.

USC has an infamous reputation....I went to high school and college (BA & MA) in S. Calif and it was pretty much well known they did what ever they wanted...slimy as they were refered to....if a school like Boise State had the Reggie Bush scandel they would be out of buisness....'SC got off light in my opinion....

You seem to be 'close' to USC in some your posts when ever they are brought up....ties to 'SC? Just curious....

Never had any love for 'SC to be honest...

I don't think USC cheated in this case...kid already had his mind made up to go there....which is his choice....best to him....

If that's what you mean....I'd agree entirely.

There's a good number of the online Husker Nation that is convincing themselves that USC cheated with Cravens to justify why we aren't going to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    USC has an infamous reputation....I went to high school and college (BA & MA) in S. Calif and it was pretty much well known they did what ever they wanted...slimy as they were refered to....if a school like Boise State had the Reggie Bush scandel they would be out of buisness....'SC got off light in my opinion....

You seem to be 'close' to USC in some your posts when ever they are brought up....ties to 'SC? Just curious....

Never had any love for 'SC to be honest...

I don't think USC cheated in this case...kid already had his mind made up to go there....which is his choice....best to him....
    No ties to SC.

Understanding their prior issues, I just think it's funny that a good number of NU fan immediately convinced themselves that its because USC cheated and not just because they had literally everything else in their favor on this ordeal and that he may just want to go to SC over Nebraska. That's not necessarily something we need to be ashamed of.

Human nature...

Yup he is a local kid....would be like Bandaras going to USC...not going to happen....

Nope not at all.....

Some great schools in CA that also play some pretty good football, basketball and baseball....

No ties to SC.

Understanding their prior issues, I just think it's funny that a good number of NU fan immediately convinced themselves that its because USC cheated and not just because they had literally everything else in their favor on this ordeal and that he may just want to go to SC over Nebraska. That's not necessarily something we need to be ashamed of.

Red Shirt
    Cambridge Ontario Canada And Wintering in Arizona
    Look's like he is USC bound unless he extends his June 6 decision. Next....
    I've got a fever, and the prescription is more cowbell

Quote Originally Posted by Husker North View Post
    Look's like he is USC bound unless he extends his June 6 decision. Next....
    Hard to get somone to commit if they cancel their trip to campus.

This isn't a surprise at all...time to move on.

Travel Squad
    According to Kevin Cravens, Su’a has final exams to take, and while the family initially thought he’d be able to make up these exams at a different date, the school, Kevin said, won’t allow it. So no visit.
    Who schedules recruiting visits during finals week?
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Travel Squad

We had plans for 3 safeties or so in this class. We are now "scrambling" for a replacement for Su'a as he was a top target we swung and missed on.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    We had plans for 3 safeties or so in this class. We are now "scrambling" for a replacement for Su'a as he was a top target we swung and missed on.
    Hahahaha. Brilliant.
    "Welcome to the night train." - Hunter S. Thompson

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    That would depend on how broad or narrow the definition of "scrambing" you use. I might not go with "scrambling" in this instance as my guess is the staff has known for a while that even in top 3 were an unlikely choice. However, if they were counting on Su'a as "N" and this caught them off guard, then yes, they might "scramble" to decide who to offer next, but given the length of time till signing day, I would assume they won't scrape their collective knees to go make an offer to the next big thing they can think of. I guess I give them the benefit of the doubt that they assume they won't get every person they offer.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban

Heisman
    To me, recruiting is a "scramble" from the time you sign a class until you sign the next one. There are unforeseen events that happen every year to every team.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.

You can only have so many "on the board" at a given time. I'd be disappointed if our recruiting strategy is so shallow that dropping one off throws everything into a tizzy. It's pretty much a crapshoot anyway, isn't it? I'd replace the word "scrambling" with "gambling," which is recruiting yesterday, today and tommorow.

Red Shirt
    Sorry to see he won't be making the visit. I was hoping somehow we could get him here, but it appears that the ship has sailed.

How much recruiting, contacting, evaluation is made to guys not on the board currently? It's a given there's plan A, B, C etc..but there's likely so many kids that are off the radar that suddenly get noticed.