Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: Su'a Cravens to vist in the next 2-3 weeks

  1. #61
    Why is it a given that USC cheated?

  2. #62
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    108,702
    No one said that...

    $$ are what it cost to fly on his own or drive to Michigan and Nebraska...lot of families can't afford that especially if he already knows where he is going to go....not worth the expense...

    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Why is it a given that USC cheated?
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    No one said that...

    $$ are what it cost to fly on his own or drive to Michigan and Nebraska...lot of families can't afford that especially if he already knows where he is going to go....not worth the expense...
    If that's what you mean....I'd agree entirely.

    There's a good number of the online Husker Nation that is convincing themselves that USC cheated with Cravens to justify why we aren't going to get him.

  4. #64
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    108,702
    USC has an infamous reputation....I went to high school and college (BA & MA) in S. Calif and it was pretty much well known they did what ever they wanted...slimy as they were refered to....if a school like Boise State had the Reggie Bush scandel they would be out of buisness....'SC got off light in my opinion....

    You seem to be 'close' to USC in some your posts when ever they are brought up....ties to 'SC? Just curious....

    Never had any love for 'SC to be honest...

    I don't think USC cheated in this case...kid already had his mind made up to go there....which is his choice....best to him....


    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    If that's what you mean....I'd agree entirely.

    There's a good number of the online Husker Nation that is convincing themselves that USC cheated with Cravens to justify why we aren't going to get him.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    USC has an infamous reputation....I went to high school and college (BA & MA) in S. Calif and it was pretty much well known they did what ever they wanted...slimy as they were refered to....if a school like Boise State had the Reggie Bush scandel they would be out of buisness....'SC got off light in my opinion....

    You seem to be 'close' to USC in some your posts when ever they are brought up....ties to 'SC? Just curious....

    Never had any love for 'SC to be honest...

    I don't think USC cheated in this case...kid already had his mind made up to go there....which is his choice....best to him....
    No ties to SC.

    Understanding their prior issues, I just think it's funny that a good number of NU fan immediately convinced themselves that its because USC cheated and not just because they had literally everything else in their favor on this ordeal and that he may just want to go to SC over Nebraska. That's not necessarily something we need to be ashamed of.

  6. #66
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    108,702
    Human nature...

    Yup he is a local kid....would be like Bandaras going to USC...not going to happen....

    Nope not at all.....

    Some great schools in CA that also play some pretty good football, basketball and baseball....

    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    No ties to SC.

    Understanding their prior issues, I just think it's funny that a good number of NU fan immediately convinced themselves that its because USC cheated and not just because they had literally everything else in their favor on this ordeal and that he may just want to go to SC over Nebraska. That's not necessarily something we need to be ashamed of.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  7. #67
    Red Shirt
    Husker North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cambridge Ontario Canada And Wintering in Arizona
    Posts
    1,349
    Look's like he is USC bound unless he extends his June 6 decision. Next....
    I've got a fever, and the prescription is more cowbell

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker North View Post
    Look's like he is USC bound unless he extends his June 6 decision. Next....
    Hard to get somone to commit if they cancel their trip to campus.

    This isn't a surprise at all...time to move on.

  9. #69
    Travel Squad
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,957
    According to Kevin Cravens, Su’a has final exams to take, and while the family initially thought he’d be able to make up these exams at a different date, the school, Kevin said, won’t allow it. So no visit.
    Who schedules recruiting visits during finals week?
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

  10. #70
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,135
    We had plans for 3 safeties or so in this class. We are now "scrambling" for a replacement for Su'a as he was a top target we swung and missed on.

  11. #71
    Recruit
    Vinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Grand Island, then Omaha, now Tucson
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    We had plans for 3 safeties or so in this class. We are now "scrambling" for a replacement for Su'a as he was a top target we swung and missed on.
    Hahahaha. Brilliant.
    "Welcome to the night train." - Hunter S. Thompson

  12. #72
    ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Native's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,765
    That would depend on how broad or narrow the definition of "scrambing" you use. I might not go with "scrambling" in this instance as my guess is the staff has known for a while that even in top 3 were an unlikely choice. However, if they were counting on Su'a as "N" and this caught them off guard, then yes, they might "scramble" to decide who to offer next, but given the length of time till signing day, I would assume they won't scrape their collective knees to go make an offer to the next big thing they can think of. I guess I give them the benefit of the doubt that they assume they won't get every person they offer.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban

  13. #73
    Heisman
    USMC_BugEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    31,465
    To me, recruiting is a "scramble" from the time you sign a class until you sign the next one. There are unforeseen events that happen every year to every team.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.

  14. #74
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    North of the Pecos, East of the Missouri
    Posts
    3,337
    You can only have so many "on the board" at a given time. I'd be disappointed if our recruiting strategy is so shallow that dropping one off throws everything into a tizzy. It's pretty much a crapshoot anyway, isn't it? I'd replace the word "scrambling" with "gambling," which is recruiting yesterday, today and tommorow.

  15. #75
    Red Shirt
    gutterputt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Island, Ne
    Posts
    1,548
    Sorry to see he won't be making the visit. I was hoping somehow we could get him here, but it appears that the ship has sailed.

    How much recruiting, contacting, evaluation is made to guys not on the board currently? It's a given there's plan A, B, C etc..but there's likely so many kids that are off the radar that suddenly get noticed.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •