Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lacouture is N

Scout Team
    Awesome pickup....welcome to Lincoln

More and FWIW Michigan really wanted his commit....they have a real need for DEs....

Lacouture had previously committed to Texas A&M, but decommitted and was down to a final three of Nebraska, Michigan and LSU. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound defensive end first visited Nebraska in the spring where he picked up his offer from the coaching staff.
    http://dataomaha.com/huskers/player/christian-lacouture
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    welcome young man

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    This guy will be a player. Rangy, eats up ground, long arms. The NY Giants prove what can be done with a dominant D Line. We need to get there, too.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and predict he won't play DT at NU. Kids with that wingspan have to be utilized better. Hoping they learned from Baker.
    I don't agree, he will put on weight and be around 300 lbs by his soph. season. I don't think he has the speed to play outside. But what do I know I learn all I know from you guys.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by blkshrts View Post
    I don't agree, he will put on weight and be around 300 lbs by his soph. season. I don't think he has the speed to play outside. But what do I know I learn all I know from you guys.
    That was my feeling as well. Doesn't look like he has enough giddy up to play DE.

His dad was a hockey player on a national title team at Maine in 1993 and still coaches and owns a monor leageu hockey team in Texas....family not originally from Texas.....but MA and ME.....

His father, David, had been a productive checking line center on the University of Maine’s 1993 NCAA championship team.
    Then, after his seventh grade year, the family moved to Cape Cod. LaCouture is from Massachusetts and his wife, Amy (Henderson), is from Orrington. When their son let it be known he wanted to play Division I football, David and Amy sat him down and asked him if he was willing to work hard to make it happen. He said he was.

So they moved to Odessa, Texas, where David landed a job as a senior vice-president with the Odessa Jackalopes of the Central Hockey League. He also became a minority owner.
    http://bangordailynews.com/2011/02/0...g-in-football/

His dad would have been a college teammate of Paul Kariya (Anaheim Ducks) if memory serves me.

Family moved from Maine to Texas in 2007 so no real attachment to A&M.....this is from an article in the Bangor, ME newspaper:

The average time for a DE in the NFL is around a 4.8.....so he is plenty fast to play the position....running a 4.8.....

http://www.40-yard-dash-times.com/40...h-average.html

Christian LaCouture is 6-foot-6, 253-pound sophomore who runs the 40 in 4.8 seconds.
    http://bangordailynews.com/2011/02/0...g-in-football/

Quote Originally Posted by blkshrts View Post

Correct...

Quote Originally Posted by NS Husker View Post
    His dad would have been a college teammate of Paul Kariya (Anaheim Ducks) if memory serves me.

More good news...will be a December graduate and enroll at Nebraska in January....

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    More good news...will be a December graduate and enroll at Nebraska in January....
    i love that! in the off-chance that we have a spring game, we'll get to see him in less than a year

All Big 10
    That's outstanding. Looks like he can really help us.

Welcome to Nebraska, Christian! You're going to love it.

Go Big Red!
    The signature I set in August 2014: Bo Pelini to his players: "It doesn't matter where you start ... It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

What Bo Pelini told his players after he was fired: "because of the environment that's here....I think you guys feel that. Am I right or wrong? It's a b---- here."

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    "I just felt it was right for me with everything going on up here," Lacouture told the web site. "I feel that I wanted to come help win championships and that it was just the right place for me.

"I feel like I fit in here. The people here our awesome and I am really looking forward to it. I love the coaches and the tradition is amazing. It's one of the winningest programs in the country."

"You know, I actually committed to Nebraska today," Lacouture said as he broke the news to HuskerOnline.com. "I'm actually up [in Lincoln] right now. My parents are up here with me and it's just a good time.

"I committed to coach (Bo) Pelini, coach (Rick) Kaczenski and coach (John) Papuchis. They were all jacked up about it."

Lacouture was asked what gave NU the edge over the Tigers and Wolverines.

And nothing about, "They'll help me get to the League", "I like that they have no depth, and I'm going to start", "they have really neat-o uniforms.", "Nebraska? They won a National Championship?" Kids these days....

247 Profile: Christian Lacouture

First off, this is an excellent addition. Hell of an athlete and that is reflected in his high 3* rating (247 lists him as an 89, 90 gets him 4* status).

Michigan fans thought they were going to lose out on him to LSU. Glad to prove 'em wrong.

Welcome, Christian.