Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: lacouture is N

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by blkshrts View Post
    I don't agree, he will put on weight and be around 300 lbs by his soph. season. I don't think he has the speed to play outside. But what do I know I learn all I know from you guys.
    That was my feeling as well. Doesn't look like he has enough giddy up to play DE.

His dad was a hockey player on a national title team at Maine in 1993 and still coaches and owns a monor leageu hockey team in Texas....family not originally from Texas.....but MA and ME.....

His father, David, had been a productive checking line center on the University of Maine’s 1993 NCAA championship team.
    Then, after his seventh grade year, the family moved to Cape Cod. LaCouture is from Massachusetts and his wife, Amy (Henderson), is from Orrington. When their son let it be known he wanted to play Division I football, David and Amy sat him down and asked him if he was willing to work hard to make it happen. He said he was.

So they moved to Odessa, Texas, where David landed a job as a senior vice-president with the Odessa Jackalopes of the Central Hockey League. He also became a minority owner.
    http://bangordailynews.com/2011/02/0...g-in-football/
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

His dad would have been a college teammate of Paul Kariya (Anaheim Ducks) if memory serves me.

Family moved from Maine to Texas in 2007 so no real attachment to A&M.....this is from an article in the Bangor, ME newspaper:

The average time for a DE in the NFL is around a 4.8.....so he is plenty fast to play the position....running a 4.8.....

http://www.40-yard-dash-times.com/40...h-average.html

Christian LaCouture is 6-foot-6, 253-pound sophomore who runs the 40 in 4.8 seconds.
    http://bangordailynews.com/2011/02/0...g-in-football/

Quote Originally Posted by blkshrts View Post
    I don't agree, he will put on weight and be around 300 lbs by his soph. season. I don't think he has the speed to play outside. But what do I know I learn all I know from you guys.

Correct...

Quote Originally Posted by NS Husker View Post
    His dad would have been a college teammate of Paul Kariya (Anaheim Ducks) if memory serves me.

More good news...will be a December graduate and enroll at Nebraska in January....

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    More good news...will be a December graduate and enroll at Nebraska in January....
    i love that! in the off-chance that we have a spring game, we'll get to see him in less than a year

All Legend
    That's outstanding. Looks like he can really help us.

Welcome to Nebraska, Christian! You're going to love it.

Go Big Red!
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    "I just felt it was right for me with everything going on up here," Lacouture told the web site. "I feel that I wanted to come help win championships and that it was just the right place for me.

"I feel like I fit in here. The people here our awesome and I am really looking forward to it. I love the coaches and the tradition is amazing. It's one of the winningest programs in the country."

"You know, I actually committed to Nebraska today," Lacouture said as he broke the news to HuskerOnline.com. "I'm actually up [in Lincoln] right now. My parents are up here with me and it's just a good time.

"I committed to coach (Bo) Pelini, coach (Rick) Kaczenski and coach (John) Papuchis. They were all jacked up about it."

Lacouture was asked what gave NU the edge over the Tigers and Wolverines.

And nothing about, "They'll help me get to the League", "I like that they have no depth, and I'm going to start", "they have really neat-o uniforms.", "Nebraska? They won a National Championship?" Kids these days....

247 Profile: Christian Lacouture

First off, this is an excellent addition. Hell of an athlete and that is reflected in his high 3* rating (247 lists him as an 89, 90 gets him 4* status).

Michigan fans thought they were going to lose out on him to LSU. Glad to prove 'em wrong.

Welcome, Christian.

Scout Team
    Can you feel it... it's coming to a stadium near you, the Big Red Storm..

Junior Varsity
    Wonderful news. NU is still on the low number of 2013 commits compared to some of the B1G dogs in the league, but slow and steady may win the day.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Great pick up. I'm not trying to knock the kid (if anything I am knocking rivals) but I wonder why he is a 3 star on rivals. Weight? He's tall and fast...and has offers from the big schools.

Recruit
    Welcome, Christian! I am continually amazed at the quality of recruits coming in for 2013. I can't remember a stronger start. Callahan had some good recruits but couldn't coach 'em up. This class has fabulous recruits and a first-rate coaching staff. Also, in 2011 and 2012 the Huskers face the strongest teams in the Big 10 --that tones down in 2013 and 2014. The Husker teams in 2013 and 2014 could go undefeated or one-loss in the regular season. I do believe in the next couple of years the won-loss record of this team will change dramatically for the better, and we will be back to having an Osborne-esque football program.
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    And nothing about, "They'll help me get to the League", "I like that they have no depth, and I'm going to start", "they have really neat-o uniforms.", "Nebraska? They won a National Championship?" Kids these days....
    Just because it's not in the article quoted doesn't mean that he didn't discuss it and/or value that aspect. And if a recruit value any of those aspects, doesn't mean he has any less value in the program he commits to. Just means he has other goals also.

Welcome Mr. Lacouture.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    Great pick up. I'm not trying to knock the kid (if anything I am knocking rivals) but I wonder why he is a 3 star on rivals. Weight? He's tall and fast...and has offers from the big schools.

I share the same question. His measures are of the best of them, the decent to great schools were recruiting (offered) him. He isn't really a diamond in the rough, you can see his potential the first couple of plays of his film. But oh well, it's like find a brand new tool set on the clearance rack. Snatch it up before the employees realize the mistake they are making.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Administrator
    He talked on the radio this morning. Here's the link:

http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...c=981&f=521791

Done taking visits, will enroll in January, and we learn the correct pronunciation of his name

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Just because it's not in the article quoted doesn't mean that he didn't discuss it and/or value that aspect. And if a recruit value any of those aspects, doesn't mean he has any less value in the program he commits to. Just means he has other goals also.

Welcome Mr. Lacouture.
    Which aspect?

Listening to the podcast I think the score was:

"Tradition" = 4

"Helping the team" = 2

"Hard work" = 1 or 2

"Keen-o Uniforms" = 0

"Getting to the League" = 0

"No depth, I'm going to start" = 0

"Uhh, did Nebraska ever win a National Championship? Oh back then? Sorry, my attention span and respect for tradition are spent" = 0

Given two athletes of equal ability, I'm taking the kid whose choice is not based on trendy uniforms or self-centered goals but that's just me.

Hockey background with his dad.....so you know he is going to be a tough kid...

Having a French last name myself I can relate to pronunciation issues...

Quote Originally Posted by JHudson View Post
    He talked on the radio this morning. Here's the link:

http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...c=981&f=521791

Done taking visits, will enroll in January, and we learn the correct pronunciation of his name

Administrator

lacouture is N

Pulling any kid from Michigan, OSU, or Wisconsin's grasp is a good day

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)