Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lacouture is N

lacouture is N

Per Sean Callahan twitter and huskeronline.com

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    BIG defensive end!
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by BARNUM View Post
    Per Sean Callahan twitter and huskeronline.com
    Scout confirms...FREE:

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=8&c=1&nid=5879722

Good find, Barnum.

Recruit
    Some good info on him at this Michigan site. http://thisismichiganfootball.blogsp...lacouture.html
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein
    A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. - Albert Einstein

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    I'll go out on a limb and predict he won't play DT at NU. Kids with that wingspan have to be utilized better. Hoping they learned from Baker.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Welcome to the Big Red!

HUGE...HUGE get....most folks thought he was an LSU or Michigan lean with the Huskers coming in third....shows we can get top notch kids like him from the big schools....can't under estimate that....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

FYI....

"I just felt it was right for me with everything going on up here," Lacouture told the web site. "I feel that I wanted to come help win championships and that it was just the right place for me.

"I feel like I fit in here. The people here our awesome and I am really looking forward to it. I love the coaches and the tradition is amazing. It's one of the winningest programs in the country."

"You know, I actually committed to Nebraska today," Lacouture said as he broke the news to HuskerOnline.com. "I'm actually up [in Lincoln] right now. My parents are up here with me and it's just a good time.

"I committed to coach (Bo) Pelini, coach (Rick) Kaczenski and coach (John) Papuchis. They were all jacked up about it."

Lacouture was asked what gave NU the edge over the Tigers and Wolverines.

"I just felt it was right for me with everything going on up here," Lacouture shared. "I feel that I wanted to come help win championships and that it was just the right place for me.

"I feel like I fit in here. The people here our awesome and I am really looking forward to it. I love the coaches and the tradition is amazing. It's one of the winningest programs in the country."
    "I'll be a 4-3 defensive end, and then I'll be a 3-4 standup guy. So that's how they see me, and that fits what I want to do at the same time."

Much more here:

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Huske..._nebraska.html

Husker Immortal
    Papuchis in on another big recruit. Welcome Christian!!
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

It's been a while since I've thought about that -- the tackle that could have been....

We now have our two DE commits for this class...and that is a very good thing....in Natter and Lacouture...a position of real need....shoring up the D too with six D recruits...

Heisman
    Keep 'em coming, Bo.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.

Recruit
    Welcome to the Big Red Christian!
    Great work by the coaching staff

Scout Team
    Awesome pickup....welcome to Lincoln

More and FWIW Michigan really wanted his commit....they have a real need for DEs....

Lacouture had previously committed to Texas A&M, but decommitted and was down to a final three of Nebraska, Michigan and LSU. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound defensive end first visited Nebraska in the spring where he picked up his offer from the coaching staff.
    http://dataomaha.com/huskers/player/christian-lacouture

Husker Immortal
    welcome young man

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    This guy will be a player. Rangy, eats up ground, long arms. The NY Giants prove what can be done with a dominant D Line. We need to get there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and predict he won't play DT at NU. Kids with that wingspan have to be utilized better. Hoping they learned from Baker.
    I don't agree, he will put on weight and be around 300 lbs by his soph. season. I don't think he has the speed to play outside. But what do I know I learn all I know from you guys.