Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lacouture is N

Hybrid View

lacouture is N

Per Sean Callahan twitter and huskeronline.com

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    BIG defensive end!
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Recruit
    Some good info on him at this Michigan site. http://thisismichiganfootball.blogsp...lacouture.html
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein
    A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. - Albert Einstein

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by BARNUM View Post
    Per Sean Callahan twitter and huskeronline.com
    Scout confirms...FREE:

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=8&c=1&nid=5879722

Good find, Barnum.

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    I'll go out on a limb and predict he won't play DT at NU. Kids with that wingspan have to be utilized better. Hoping they learned from Baker.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and predict he won't play DT at NU. Kids with that wingspan have to be utilized better. Hoping they learned from Baker.
    I don't agree, he will put on weight and be around 300 lbs by his soph. season. I don't think he has the speed to play outside. But what do I know I learn all I know from you guys.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by blkshrts View Post
    I don't agree, he will put on weight and be around 300 lbs by his soph. season. I don't think he has the speed to play outside. But what do I know I learn all I know from you guys.
    That was my feeling as well. Doesn't look like he has enough giddy up to play DE.

Family moved from Maine to Texas in 2007 so no real attachment to A&M.....this is from an article in the Bangor, ME newspaper:

The average time for a DE in the NFL is around a 4.8.....so he is plenty fast to play the position....running a 4.8.....

http://www.40-yard-dash-times.com/40...h-average.html

Christian LaCouture is 6-foot-6, 253-pound sophomore who runs the 40 in 4.8 seconds.
    http://bangordailynews.com/2011/02/0...g-in-football/

Quote Originally Posted by blkshrts View Post
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Welcome to the Big Red!

FYI....

"I just felt it was right for me with everything going on up here," Lacouture told the web site. "I feel that I wanted to come help win championships and that it was just the right place for me.

"I feel like I fit in here. The people here our awesome and I am really looking forward to it. I love the coaches and the tradition is amazing. It's one of the winningest programs in the country."

"You know, I actually committed to Nebraska today," Lacouture said as he broke the news to HuskerOnline.com. "I'm actually up [in Lincoln] right now. My parents are up here with me and it's just a good time.

"I committed to coach (Bo) Pelini, coach (Rick) Kaczenski and coach (John) Papuchis. They were all jacked up about it."

Lacouture was asked what gave NU the edge over the Tigers and Wolverines.

"I just felt it was right for me with everything going on up here," Lacouture shared. "I feel that I wanted to come help win championships and that it was just the right place for me.

"I feel like I fit in here. The people here our awesome and I am really looking forward to it. I love the coaches and the tradition is amazing. It's one of the winningest programs in the country."
    "I'll be a 4-3 defensive end, and then I'll be a 3-4 standup guy. So that's how they see me, and that fits what I want to do at the same time."

Much more here:

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Huske..._nebraska.html

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    "I just felt it was right for me with everything going on up here," Lacouture told the web site. "I feel that I wanted to come help win championships and that it was just the right place for me.

"You know, I actually committed to Nebraska today," Lacouture said as he broke the news to HuskerOnline.com. "I'm actually up [in Lincoln] right now. My parents are up here with me and it's just a good time.

"I committed to coach (Bo) Pelini, coach (Rick) Kaczenski and coach (John) Papuchis. They were all jacked up about it."

Lacouture was asked what gave NU the edge over the Tigers and Wolverines.

And nothing about, "They'll help me get to the League", "I like that they have no depth, and I'm going to start", "they have really neat-o uniforms.", "Nebraska? They won a National Championship?" Kids these days....

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    And nothing about, "They'll help me get to the League", "I like that they have no depth, and I'm going to start", "they have really neat-o uniforms.", "Nebraska? They won a National Championship?" Kids these days....
    Just because it's not in the article quoted doesn't mean that he didn't discuss it and/or value that aspect. And if a recruit value any of those aspects, doesn't mean he has any less value in the program he commits to. Just means he has other goals also.

Welcome Mr. Lacouture.
    Quote Originally Posted by BornRaisedBleedRed View Post
    I value everyone's opinion whether it agrees with me or whether they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Just because it's not in the article quoted doesn't mean that he didn't discuss it and/or value that aspect. And if a recruit value any of those aspects, doesn't mean he has any less value in the program he commits to. Just means he has other goals also.

Welcome Mr. Lacouture.
    Which aspect?

Listening to the podcast I think the score was:

"Tradition" = 4

"Helping the team" = 2

"Hard work" = 1 or 2

"Keen-o Uniforms" = 0

"Getting to the League" = 0

"No depth, I'm going to start" = 0

"Uhh, did Nebraska ever win a National Championship? Oh back then? Sorry, my attention span and respect for tradition are spent" = 0

Given two athletes of equal ability, I'm taking the kid whose choice is not based on trendy uniforms or self-centered goals but that's just me.