Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Obama Gifs

Oh my!

Obama Gifs

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

This is why old people and the internet are not a good combination. I was speaking with a fellow knight of columbus and he was speaking about how angry he was to see Obama storm out of a press conference and kick the door in on his way out. I didn't have the heart to explain to him what a .gif was or how it worked.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    This is why old people and the internet are not a good combination. I was speaking with a fellow knight of columbus and he was speaking about how angry he was to see Obama storm out of a press conference and kick the door in on his way out. I didn't have the heart to explain to him what a .gif was or how it worked.
    That's hilarious because I DID have that conversation with my mother after she forwarded an email to me. It took me 45 minutes to convince her that it MIGHT not be real.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Husker Fan

and one wonders why the older generations keeps falling for those gimmicks and mail order stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    and one wonders why the older generations keeps falling for those gimmicks and mail order stuff?
    Yeah, they just grew up in a more trusting era. Far less cynical times for them.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    Yeah, they just grew up in a more trusting era. Far less cynical times for them.
    that I'll give....

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    What is really bad is when they try to tell me the gif portraying Obama standing there like a lawn sprinkler and flipping all that money out all over the place is not real and I have to convince them that one is true...
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    What is really bad is when they try to tell me the gif portraying Obama standing there like a lawn sprinkler and flipping all that money out all over the place is not real and I have to convince them that one is true...
    and you sir, would be aiding and abetting a lie.