Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This article should get things rolling this morning in the Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    I find it funny that a lot of people that want tighter reigns on Gov't subsidies also want abortions to be illegal. I wonder how many of the abortions would end up being supported on the Gov't dole?
    Why's that hard to believe? Less government spending and saving millions of lives, all rolled into one. Win-win!
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    Why's that hard to believe? Less government spending and saving millions of lives, all rolled into one. Win-win!
    So you think that by making it illegal and thus declaring "War on Abortion", that abortions will completely cease? Cause that's never worked. Chi and Luths ideas are a much MUCH better way to handle the problem.

Intellectual Patriot
    If only it were that simple. But it isnt. I am not going to go into researching the numbers of how many women having abortions would end up having the state support them in one way or another because it just wouldnt do any good at this point. When people call abortion murder there is no conversaiton, only recriminations back and forth.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

I find it funny that a lot of people that want tighter reigns on Gov't subsidies also want abortions to be illegal. I wonder how many of the abortions would end up being supported on the Gov't dole?
    Personally, I would gladly make the trade of higher government spending (supported by higher taxes) in exchange for fewer (or even better, no) abortions. In the hierarchy of my personal beliefs, ending abortion ranks first. But I do agree with you that if the government takes the outlet of abortion away, it needs to make sure that indigent women and their babies are supported with pre-natal care, child care, and job training, so that both of them can become productive members of society.l
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    And a corporation is a person but not a human being so you can't abort a corporation...
    It is too bad that many of the pro choice stand so firm against corporations being afforded Constitutional protection, but cringe at the idea of any protection for un-born children.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Big 12 Champs
    Another good reason never to never set foot in that wack-a-loon state...
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    Another good reason never to never set foot in that wack-a-loon state...
    Ya, those wacky baby savers! How dare they?!?!
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by redmachine;932467[B
    ]Repeal of Roe v. Wade: in due time[/B]...in due time.

Outside of that, I personally have no problem with clinics/organizations that provide services, other than abortion, for women.

wont see it in my life time

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    Yeah, I think you can offset the charge of waging war on women if they simply earmark the money for other organizations offering similar health services, but not performing abortions.

I also agree with you regarding placing more responsibility on the father, and demanding his accountability. Making both a baby and his/her mother feel welcomed and safe would be a huge first step.
    I agree with you.
    Of course you do, I'm right.

(Doing my best RP impersonation)

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    So you think that by making it illegal and thus declaring "War on Abortion", that abortions will completely cease? Cause that's never worked. Chi and Luths ideas are a much MUCH better way to handle the problem.
    Of course abortions will continue. Murder, rape, and other heinous crimes happen all the time. Only, the government doesn't look the other way at, let alone fund, those activities.

Let's start with ending legalized abortions. Then, and only then, should we consider funding for assistance to mothers. If it does save the lives of the unborn, then I'd be up for paying to assist. Mind you, I say assist, not support.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    wont see it in my life time
    How old are ya, buddy?

If only it were that simple. But it isnt. I am not going to go into researching the numbers of how many women having abortions would end up having the state support them in one way or another because it just wouldnt do any good at this point. When people call abortion murder there is no conversaiton, only recriminations back and forth.
    That is the crux of the matter: Seeing life unborn vs. a mere part of a woman's body.

Society Crazy Indeed
    How old are ya, buddy?

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

It doesn't appear that they've opened back up for abortions in Texas, which is a good thing. It is still illegal to provide state funds to abortion clinics.

Due time my friend due time....There are corporations in Texas that have donated money to the clinics so they could open back up and yes they are performing abortion....But we also have to realize not all PP clinics preform abortions yet the state has withheld their funding as well. Sometimes PP is the only clinic a woman go go for the type of services they provide
    Although, planned parenthood operations typically share a common statewide budget...including national organization support. So, funding general health services through PP typically means the ability to fund others programs within the organization such as abortions.

Also, planned parenthood, being a national organization, primarily operates centers in areas with larger poverty populations...areas that more often than not have various health resources/clinics available. But, monies need to be reallocated from PP to others not just take it away.

Then you got me. Heck, you should count your blessings if you see tomorrow morning.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Then you got me. Heck, you should count your blessings if you see tomorrow morning.

geee thanks for that

Cornhusker since 1969
    The republican war on women continues! How about we outlaw vasectomies as it's shutting off the life spigot. That way politicians can mess with men's bodies and claim equality on the subject of life.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska1 View Post
    How about we outlaw vasectomies as it's shutting off the life spigot. That way politicians can mess with men's bodies and claim equality on the subject of life.
    Ha, too late!!!!
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska1 View Post
    The republican war on women continues! How about we outlaw vasectomies as it's shutting off the life spigot. That way politicians can mess with men's bodies and claim equality on the subject of life.
    It's sad when pro-choice people have to rely on such poor arguments. Pro-choice people do have some good ends-justify-the-means arguments at their disposal -- you should probably stick with those.

Vasectomies and hysterectomies are both legal and accomplish the same function. Abortion, unlike those two procedures, does not result in the intentional killing of a human being.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Well, that generally is the idea. Those that consider it murder act with considerable restraint IMO. I imagine in most cases, the murder of innocents is addressed with much more voracity then then a "pro-life movement".