Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ted Nugent Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Yeah he was an awesome brother....8 years older than me yet we were close from as far back as I can remember..he was never bitter about his service and had a great life until he got sick......

I have read quite a bit about the tunnels in a great book called the 'Tunnels of Cu Chi' and what my brother told me about them....highly recommend the book.....

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear that RR. He sounds like he was a great brother.

My daughter teaches in Vietnam and she says the crazy thing is that they now do tours of the VietCong tunnels so you can see how they fought the Americans.
    My dad was a short dude, and went to Vietnam voluntarily at 17 with his moms permission...perfect candidate for tunnel rat...and the PTSD to go along with it.

My step dad was drafted, but had some great advice from his dad...run around telling anyone who will listen you're a truck driver. Ended up ruining a couple of transmissions on a big rig or two, but once he got comfortable it was a skill that kept him off the front lines.

Tough theater and lack of support stateside make for a crappy experience for many.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianRed View Post
    Sorry folks, met him numerous times. Says whats on his mind. Doesn't BS around. put me in the column for atleast liking the guy. Can we get back to the conversation now & quit comparing penises!
    says the guy who doesnt know if he has one or not

You know I love ya my friend/brother

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

That is very true RED, we could go all day and still not name everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    says the guy who doesnt know if he has one or not

You know I love ya my friend/brother
    this made me laugh.....I'm not sure if I should have or not yet

Cornhusker since 1969
    Besides the Nam thing (I was 14 when it ended) Ted offered to fellate the interviewer and have sex with the female producer. All because the guy said he was not moderate. He goes into a rant about going fishing with dying children and then offers a sex act to everyone within sight. The guys a nutbag. A perfectly nice nutbag according to Red, but a nutbag all the same. And this is how he claims he avoided the draft: In that 1990 interview with the Free Press and from information collected from the Chickenhawk Web site, Nugent told about how he avoided the draft: “He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment.”

Nutbag.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska1 View Post
    Besides the Nam thing (I was 14 when it ended) Ted offered to fellate the interviewer and have sex with the female producer. All because the guy said he was not moderate. He goes into a rant about going fishing with dying children and then offers a sex act to everyone within sight. The guys a nutbag. A perfectly nice nutbag according to Red, but a nutbag all the same. And this is how he claims he avoided the draft: In that 1990 interview with the Free Press and from information collected from the Chickenhawk Web site, Nugent told about how he avoided the draft: “He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment.”

Nutbag.
    ...sounds about right. Go GOP! Go NRA! Go America!
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska1 View Post

Nutbag.
    The creativity of "artists" always amazes me.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Blackshirt
    "I thank the Founding Fathers of America for writing down self-evident truths and the lessons of abuse at the hands of tyrants and monsters, so we can live in the last and only best place...I thank Gibson for the loudest and sexiest guitars in the world."

Ain't it the truth!