Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Ted Nugent Interview

  1. #16
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    633
    A lot of people dodged the draft. Maybe he is an activist now because he knows what he did was wrong. I am a firm believer in the ability to change...maybe he hasn't but I know a lot of people who literally said they would "kill Bush"....that's messed up. I am sorry to hear about your brother Red that is very sad. Like you mentioned, I also hear a couple of my cousins say, "I don't argue with someone who's never been." That my friend is usually the conversation ender with whomever they're speaking to.

    My Grandfather flew Helicopters in Korea and then chartered helicopter flights for wealthy Oil businessmen in Turkey and Iran....unfortunately, him and my dad never got along and I was never able to meet him. I invited him to High school graduation and his health prevented him from coming. I found out this last year that he had a heart attack at the wheel and died. He didn't hit anyone, but a state trooper found him on the side of the road near Sacramento, CA. That's something that I battle with, I don't know how to feel about someone I've never met...but someday's I feel like I was robbed. To this day my dad is very bitter about the Armed forces. It robbed him of his childhood, never once has he ever seen any of his old classmates.....never really had the opportunity to stay in one place. His childhood spanned 7 states and 3 countries. Losing who he says was his best and only true friend to a stabbing in Iran. One of the Iranian Oil Sheikhs kids got in an argument with him and pulled out a knife and killed him. My dad found out the next day at school, the US embassy nor the officers on the base did anything about it.

    I was pursued heavily by both the Army and the Air Force....I still regret not giving the Air Force a harder look, they offered a lot of money. I ultimately chose my own path, as must everybody else. I do have my dad's high school letter jacket from Iran, its a pretty cool keep sake. I guess what I'm saying is I didn't know your brother, I don't know Ted, but I do know my dad and all three of those stories are different.

  2. #17
    Travel Squad
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    9,697
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Nice bookend to Sean Penn on the left.
    Yeah. I'll go with the preachy pacifist rhetoric and paparazzi freak-outs over someone that refers to Presidential candidates as a "piece of sh&*" and "worthless bit?h" while swinging automatic rifles around.
    "OK. Appreciate the info." Bo Pelini

  3. #18
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrollsker View Post
    To this day my dad is very bitter about the Armed forces. It robbed him of his childhood, never once has he ever seen any of his old classmates.....never really had the opportunity to stay in one place. His childhood spanned 7 states and 3 countries. Losing who he says was his best and only true friend to a stabbing in Iran. One of the Iranian Oil Sheikhs kids got in an argument with him and pulled out a knife and killed him. My dad found out the next day at school, the US embassy nor the officers on the base did anything about it.
    Living in the midwest and on both coasts AND in another country by the age of 10 didn't bother me. The next-to-last set of orders my old man got, though - finding out after my sophomore year in high school that I was going to have to pull up stakes and start over yet again just about sent me into a full-fledged nuclear meltdown. Turns out all the moving really starts to suck the more you do it.

    Time has helped me put things into perspective, but I can't imagine having to go through what your dad went through on top of everything else.

  4. #19
    Moderator
    redmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    7,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Yeah. I'll go with the preachy pacifist rhetoric and paparazzi freak-outs over someone that refers to Presidential candidates as a "piece of sh&*" and "worthless bit?h" while swinging automatic rifles around.
    Well, to each his own.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

  5. #20
    Oh my!
    Red_in_Blue_Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    13,176
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    chickenhawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    For guys like my brother, who served two combat tours in 'Nam, and brought the scars back with them, Nugent is no hero or someone to look up to or admire....if you want to talk the talk then you better walk the walk....he didn't....

    I suspect you would have gone had you been called...
    What about old Slick Willie...
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

    "Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

  6. #21
    Oh my!
    Red_in_Blue_Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    13,176
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Nice bookend to Sean Penn on the left.
    I think he is a nice bookend to Wasserman Schultz
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

    "Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

  7. #22
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    123,808
    We could tit for tat all day.....so lets not go there....


    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    What about old Slick Willie...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  8. #23
    Society Crazy Indeed
    Pops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    49,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Yup avoided the draft in Viet Nam....
    yep have zero respect for anyone that does that then comes across as the ultimate patriotic American.
    If a person doges the draft for what ever reason and just goes about their life ...I can dig that,




  9. #24
    Oh my!
    Red_in_Blue_Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    13,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    We could tit for tat all day.....so lets not go there....
    So this one doesn't apply but yours still counts? So why did you go there in the first place?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

    "Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

  10. #25
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    123,808
    You posted the interview....the guy was a draft dodger...yet parades himself around as a super patriot....so actually you went there and you seem to like him and FWIW what he said in that interview to those two ladies is offensive too.....

    President Clinton counts just like Dick Cheney...and allot of other guys.....

    You want to tit for tat I can roll out a long list of guys.....Nugent I find very offensive like pops said....don't parade yourself as a super patriot when you dodged the draft...thats the bottom line.......if you want to support a guy like this then so be it...


    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    So this one doesn't apply but yours still counts? So why did you go there in the first place?
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  11. #26
    Blackshirt
    RussianRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Area where you reside
    Posts
    14,532
    Sorry folks, met him numerous times. Says whats on his mind. Doesn't BS around. put me in the column for atleast liking the guy. Can we get back to the conversation now & quit comparing penises!



  12. #27
    Intellectual Patriot
    Squatchsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    15,702
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianRed View Post
    Sorry folks, met him numerous times. Says whats on his mind. Doesn't BS around. put me in the column for atleast liking the guy. Can we get back to the conversation now & quit comparing penises!
    PUT THAT AWAY!!!!! WHAT DID WE SAY ABOUT THAT!!!!!
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

    I love fan mail.

  13. #28
    Blackshirt
    RussianRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Area where you reside
    Posts
    14,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    PUT THAT AWAY!!!!! WHAT DID WE SAY ABOUT THAT!!!!!
    Here, you need this!!!



  14. #29
    Oh my!
    Red_in_Blue_Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    13,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    You posted the interview....the guy was a draft dodger...yet parades himself around as a super patriot....so actually you went there and you seem to like him and FWIW what he said in that interview to those two ladies is offensive too.....

    President Clinton counts just like Dick Cheney...and allot of other guys.....

    You want to tit for tat I can roll out a long list of guys.....Nugent I find very offensive like pops said....don't parade yourself as a super patriot when you dodged the draft...thats the bottom line.......if you want to support a guy like this then so be it...
    From what I get from your post you think anything he says is null and void. So now that Bill Clinton only counts like Dick Cheney, yet do you give him a pass to soap box poilitical rhetoric or does this only apply individuals who you disagree with politically?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

    "Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

  15. #30
    Intellectual Patriot
    Squatchsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    15,702
    It is cold in here, and I just saw you get out of the pool.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

    I love fan mail.







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •