Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: This is a really sad and terrible story about a family here in Detroit

Oh my!

This is a really sad and terrible story about a family here in Detroit

A story of a 19 year old here in Detroit that decided to rob his parents and attacked his father with a baseball bat. I don't udnerstand the mentality for this and I see nothing but pain, anguish and ruin. It is a really sad story.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120502/NEWS03/205020425
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Society Crazy Indeed
    bath salts...seems many reports around the country have found bath salts make people really violent.
    I just talked on this yesterday in Galveston....From what I have studied and Doctors I have talked to...Anger is a pretty common theme with this crap.

example

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    bath salts...seems many reports around the country have found bath salts make people really violent.
    I just talked on this yesterday in Galveston....From what I have studied and Doctors I have talked to...Anger is a pretty common theme with this crap.

example

When you read the details of the attack, the violence is beyond imaginable.
    From what I have read is that there are currently no methods of detection for this "drug".
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    A story of a 19 year old here in Detroit that decided to rob his parents and attacked his father with a baseball bat. I don't udnerstand the mentality for this and I see nothing but pain, anguish and ruin. It is a really sad story.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120502/NEWS03/205020425
    I read the story. Man, that is about as horrific as it gets. We should all keep that poor family (and especially that little girl) in our thoughts and prayers.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II