Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anzalone de-commits from Ohio State: Dad: "Something's just not right at Ohio State,"

Not these two nor will it be...

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    two silent commits................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mm
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Blackshirt
    I really do hate to see this happen, even to OSU. Things are just so unmanagable anymore. You cannot keep a tab on everything & everyone all the time. I wish these men well.

The question has to be asked is how did this guy get access to these recruits? I think that is where the Dad is questioning what is happening at Ohio State...someone got duped into letting him do so....

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRed View Post
    I really do hate to see this happen, even to OSU. Things are just so unmanagable anymore. You cannot keep a tab on everything & everyone all the time. I wish these men well.

Its on Yahoo now......not good for Ohio State....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...163223774.html

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Meyer is truly a slimy, sleezy, used car salesman............ who also can coach. But I find it highly unlikely he knew about this guy. My guess is no unauthorized access to recruits will occur anymore at OSU with someone losing a job.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Oh my!

Recruiting at OSU

Wow, this is a bit surprising:
    During Anzalone's visit to Columbus, Ohio on April 21, he and two other recruits posed for a picture with Charles Eric Waugh of Ashland, Ky., and the photo made its way to Twitter. Only later did Anzalone learn Waugh, 31, had pleaded guilty to five counts of possession of underage sexual content in 2008. Waugh has had several interactions with players and recruits both in person and through social media.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...163223774.html
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Already on the recruiting board from last night....

Moved to recruiting board and merged into the other thread....

All American
    OSU will definitely be making another push for Love.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

I expect that too.....Meyer will try and negative recruit against Nebraska to flip him that is his style....but from all I hear he is solid to Nebraska....no interest to flip to Ohio State....much like McMullen last class...

I'm really not worried about losing him....I think the Mooeny connection already at Nebraska and his teammate Marcus McWilson coming with him will be key too...

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    I'm not so certain. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    The question has to be asked is how did this guy get access to these recruits? I think that is where the Dad is questioning what is happening at Ohio State...someone got duped into letting him do so....
    Plus, is it not against NCAA regulations for boosters to have access to recruits? Like, them having undue influence on a recruit to commit to the school?

Red Shirt
    Hey, I was away from the computer for a day and when I get back...all good news. A new recruit for NU and tOSU is burning.

Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by RedEd View Post
    Plus, is it not against NCAA regulations for boosters to have access to recruits? Like, them having undue influence on a recruit to commit to the school?

Quote Originally Posted by RedEd View Post
    With social media, particularly Twitter, the definition of 'booster' has become pretty blurry. I believe anyone who contacts a recruit through social media with a school-oriented message is labeled a booster. Certainly not the traditional sense, but a booster nonetheless.

This man is nothing more than a guy who contacts students online and parties in the same places. He has no contribution to the school whatsoever.

That's where that definition of booster is a problem. As far as the NCAA is concerned, yes -- this guy is a booster. But how do they monitor every single person who tweets an athlete? Mission impossible.