Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anzalone de-commits from Ohio State: Dad: "Something's just not right at Ohio State,"

Hybrid View

Exclamation Anzalone de-commits from Ohio State: Dad: "Something's just not right at Ohio State,"

The story of the former sex offender has been all over the web of late....you have to wonder if this will hurt their recruitng at all and if this could have the NCAA sniffing around again....not good news for Ohio State after the whole Tressel thing....

Does not help Urban Meyer either with the things written about him just recently while he was at Florida...Pretty damning stuff that you can be sure will used against Meyer and staff on the recruting trail....Meyer himself is the king of negative recruiting so this won't help him in my opinion....

Anzalone, one of the most sought after football recruits in the nation, de-committed Friday afternoon after disturbing news surfaced that a Buckeyes fan who gained access to players and recruits is a convicted sex offender.

The sex offender, Charles Eric Waugh of Kentucky, has been reaching out to Ohio State players and recruits, personally and via social media.

He made contact with Anzalone during a recruiting visit to Columbus, Ohio, April 21. A photograph of Waugh with Anzalone and two other recruits was posted on a fan website, as were other photographs of the sex offender with a Buckeyes player and the school mascot, Brutus.

"There's a disconnect between what Alex thought was was there (at Ohio State) and what is actually there," said his father, Dr. Sal Anzalone.

"Something's just not right at Ohio State," Sal Anzalone said. "It's not for him."

"You don't want your son to go to a place where there's a potential issue (like this)," Sal Anzalone said. "You expect the (football) staff to have some sort of control on how things are handled with recruits when they visit. This is ridiculous.

"I was concerned with what recruits do, and with them being allowed to visit these kind of places where it puts kids at risk. That's the issue. You entrust people (at the school) to do the right thing."
    Much more here:

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=384365

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Another decommit for Ohio State....both are LBs....

Lewis Neal, a defensive end and linebacker from Wilson, North Carolina has decommitted from the Ohio State football class of 2013
    http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...mmits-osu.html

Husker Immortal
    Probably won't be committing to Penn St either.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Big Red Fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    1+

FYI....

He previously said that Florida and Stanford were at the top of his list, right behind Ohio State. He said he also gave strong consideration to Southern Cal, Penn State and Notre Dame.

Scout Team
    Burn TOSU

Husker Immortal
    I still haven't heard how PSU is cleaning up theie mess and what impact the new coach will have.

BTW, we aren't on the radar for either one of these guys?
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

No we are not at all....

I still haven't heard how PSU is cleaning up theie mess and what impact the new coach will have.

BTW, we aren't on the radar for either one of these guys?

8 man footbal alum
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    No we are not at all....
    Are other Big 10 teams?
    "Gentlemen, this is a football" - Coach Lombardi
    "Winning isn't everything here at Nebraska as Coach Devaney used to say...but we do rate it right up there with oxygen." - Johnny Rodgers

From the linked article:

He previously said that Florida and Stanford were at the top of his list, right behind Ohio State. He said he also gave strong consideration to Southern Cal, Penn State and Notre Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Dutchman View Post
    Are other Big 10 teams?

All Legend
    Either of these guys NEBRASKA material?
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

See post 8...

Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    Either of these guys NEBRASKA material?

Red Shirt
    Wow , crazy!!

#1 Husker Fan
    Between Petrino and Meyer will the real SEC please stand up!!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Husker Immortal
    two silent commits................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mm