Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: From helping a Nam vet

Society Crazy Indeed

From helping a Nam vet

have helped a many homeless vets when I was working as a outreach worker. One cat was a hardcore junkie and has had a horrible time as he could never adjust to sociality.
    When I knew him he said he was writing a book...would never say what it was called etc.
    Well few years later...being today. I get a copy of that book autographed and thank ing me for the help I gave him making it through the hard times in his live. Always told him ...Never thank me rather thank that person you see in the mirror....he's the one that did all the work

I received a autographed copy of the book today... They are starting to go through process of making it into a Movie....

just goes to show ...not all that are down and out want to remain that way

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    have helped a many homeless vets when I was working as a outreach worker. One cat was a hardcore junkie and has had a horrible time as he could never adjust to sociality.
    When I knew him he said he was writing a book...would never say what it was called etc.
    Well few years later...being today. I get a copy of that book autographed and thank ing me for the help I gave him making it through the hard times in his live. Always told him ...Never thank me rather thank that person you see in the mirror....he's the one that did all the work

I received a autographed copy of the book today... They are starting to go through process of making it into a Movie....

Give a plug for his book pops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Society Crazy Indeed
    The Jungle Warriors a true story
    bobby Briscoe

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Junior Varsity
    The Jungle Warriors a true story
    bobby Briscoe
    On Amazon~

In all the years of the American War in Viet-Nam there was only one Brigade officially known as the "Jungle Warriors" that distinction belonged to the young men of the 11th light Infantry Brigade of the Americal Infantry Division (23rd Inf. Div.)
    Units of this brigade are more imfamously known for the My Lai Massacre. Subsequentially,the 11th brigade unofficially became known as "The Butcher Brigade."
    Sergeant Briscoe didn't meantion the fact that Colin Powell who at that time was Major Powell was the executive officer of the 11th light infantry brigade.
    Bobby Briscoe's book is by no means fiction ...it is as real as it gets. It should be made into a movie.
    I was there with Briscoe as a medic in the 3rd bn 1st Infantry and knew him and some of his subjects and subject matter rather well. If you were in Viet Nam or your life has somehow been affected by a Viet Nam veteran ... this is a "Must Have Book!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Society Crazy Indeed
    One of the most humble guys you'd ever wanna meet...Its a re-release

Blackshirt

Great news old man, keep us posted on his progress.