Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Is there a vibe there hasn't been in a long time?? I think so

Hybrid View

Cake or Death?

Is there a vibe there hasn't been in a long time?? I think so

Per the Life In The Red Blog

4. Tim Miles, Nebraska: Miles needs his own energy drink. He’s full of vigor. And he’s going to need it to make Nebraska relevant in Big Ten basketball. Doc Sadler couldn’t do it. But Miles’ mojo made him an attractive candidate for multiple jobs after leading Colorado State to a 20-win season last year and North Dakota State to the NCAA tournament before that. The Rams won seven games in his first season and NDSU had to transition to Division I. The Cornhuskers have a new practice facility and a new arena (under construction) that will become the team’s home in 2013. Drawing kids to Lincoln won’t be easy. But the facilities and Miles’ personality will definitely help.
    I just really get the feeling that there is much more energy, optimism, excitement, expectations, etc. than there has been since probably the early 90's. I really like this hire. I say that after reading a lot of the comments after the blog.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

Husker Immortal Love Tool
    Yep! And he went out and got some people who know how to recruit! Lets also hope that they can coach the game also!
    The Skunk Has Spoken!

I swear skunk was squeezin my buttocks !
    Skunkman's nose nailed this one.
    Never squat with yer spurs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer
    "You gotta watch the Skunkman."
    I don't want to ruin Skunk's rep, but I have to report that he is a very hospitable and generous guy, besides being a super Husker fan.

All Legend
    I'm drinking the new flavor of "High Energy Kool Aid"! Coach Miles is doing a great job keeping me juiced up.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Scout Team
    I would say that the whole package is helping to create the "buzz", new practice facility, new arena and new coach....one would have to be really pessimistic to be in the dumps about the future of Bball at DONU. I am the eternal optimist so it is not hard for me to believe!!

Scout Team
    Doc was a good guy but not much to get excited about.. Lets hope coach Miles does create more buzz. GBR